2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got a 2018 2.0t touring last week Saturday and was wondering what are some nice cosmetic upgrades? I did some research, but not much but does anyone run the burger motorsports jb4 tuner for the 2.0t? It seems like an easy to install tune so I was considering it. I also have a warranty until 2025 so this it looks like I could remove it quickly and easily before I would take it into any warranty work. Any suggestions help! Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Heads up - Someone posted here (or reddit) that they had a tune installed/uninstalled and took the car to a dealership for some warranty work. The dealer was able to tell that the car was tuned (electronics, code, etc). So if you put a tune on your car and are relying on the warranty, be warned that it might not be as simple as removing the tune and all is good.

·
Super Moderator
1,680 Posts
Welcome to the forum... congrats on getting your Accord. For (OEM) cosmetic upgrades take a look at My Showcase to see what I added to my car. As @Chad1064 mentioned if you warranty is a concern you may want to stay away from installing a tuner. With the technology & computers on our car's there will be information left that the OEM parameters have been overridden/defeated even though the tune/tuner has been removed.

Reactions: austynfieldz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heads up - Someone posted here (or reddit) that they had a tune installed/uninstalled and took the car to a dealership for some warranty work. The dealer was able to tell that the car was tuned (electronics, code, etc). So if you put a tune on your car and are relying on the warranty, be warned that it might not be as simple as removing the tune and all is good.
Thank you for the heads up! I guess I have to stick to stock for now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum... congrats on getting your Accord. For (OEM) cosmetic upgrades take a look at My Showcase to see what I added to my car. As @Chad1064 mentioned if you warranty is a concern you may want to stay away from installing a tuner. With the technology & computers on our car's there will be information left that the OEM parameters have been overridden/defeated even though the tune/tuner has been removed.
Yeah thank you for replying, I'll take a look. Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts