·
Registered
169 Posts
They look grippy.

You ever stop in at King Motorsports?

·
Registered
835 Posts
No I was Thinking of Running that Size ..

Do you guys think 215X55R17 is too narrow? It's almost exactly the same diameter as the 19" OEM Sport.
Looks like .3" - .5 " Narrower .. on Tread Width .. Depending on Tire Manufacture . . , but I'd Watch the Over All Dia. - 10X already has 3 Over Drive Gears at Least ..
Extra Dia. say 26.3" would be good for the 6Speed. Setup .. as 5th Gear for them is Starting - OD Gear , but that Setup most like be able to Run Out - 5th Gear .. Where as
10X 6 Gear may be little Short , but 7th Gear is OD may Not be able to Run that Out .. , 8th OD , 9th OD , 10th OD , so that setup might Only be able to Run Out 7th .

Sorry fro getting side Tracked : Important Area Here is to Not Rub the Inner Liner with to Tall a Tire ..
If You Bump +1 to 18" 225x45x18" those stay right around
26" - 26.3" Dia. - stock are 25.7" - 25.9"

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like .3" - .5 " Narrower .. on Tread Width .. Depending on Tire Manufacture . . , but I'd Watch the Over All Dia. - 10X already has 3 Over Drive Gears at Least ..
Extra Dia. say 26.3" would be good for the 6Speed. Setup .. as 5th Gear for them is Starting - OD Gear , but that Setup most like be able to Run Out - 5th Gear .. Where as
10X 6 Gear may be little Short , but 7th Gear is OD may Not be able to Run that Out .. , 8th OD , 9th OD , 10th OD , so that setup might Only be able to Run Out 7th .

Sorry fro getting side Tracked : Important Area Here is to Not Rub the Inner Liner with to Tall a Tire ..
If You Bump +1 to 18" 225x45x18" those stay right around
26" - 26.3" Dia. - stock are 25.7" - 25.9"

So actually, it's shorter than the stock tire on my Sport (the 19" is 26.4" tall see below) but the difference is only 0.4% or .1" which is closer than any other tire available - including the 18" you mentioned.

I use this link https://tiresize.com/comparison/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts