2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just converted from Ford to Honda, 1.5 EX-L (needed good mileage :grin: ).
Loving the car so far but hating the wheels, so a quick (but maybe stupid) question ....
Would the sport or touring wheels replace my lil 17's without any problems.

Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
Welcome to the forum.... regarding your tire question I don't see why they wouldn't. Will warn you though that the OEM 19" wheels are magnets for curb rash.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't think there's anything different between the models to keep the wheels from swapping over. Besides curb rash the bigger wheels are also going to ride rougher than what you have. Noticeably more. Since one of your goals is mileage look into wheels for yours as light as you can find. You should take several pounds off each corner and that should be worth a tick more mpg. Yeah, it's maybe only 1/3 mpg but over the life of the car it adds up. It's also easier to get the lighter wheels moving from a stop so it's easier on your drivetrain. When your tires eventually wear out you do it again picking the lightest tires and save some more weight. Good luck whatever way you go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would trade you my 19" Touring wheels but all four have significant curb rash. It's my wife's car and she goes through dive thrus a lot. When the tires wear down I am going to buy 17" wheels even though they won't look as good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts