2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just visited the local Advance Auto.

A kid working there made the following comment when I walked in ..

"I wonder if I can balance your car on my single jack .. I like your wheels" .. incredible. Total disrespect for anything and everything these days.

I do have the Honda wheel locks. I now asked myself if my wheels were actually safe.

So .. Does anyone know If the lock socket is "keyed" to each set of wheel locks. Or can I take my key socket and use it to take off any honda lug lock ?

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
So .. Does anyone know If the lock socket is "keyed" to each set of wheel locks. Or can I take my key socket and use it to take off any honda lug lock ?
There is not a separate "key" for every Honda that has their wheel locks. Your "key" will work on another set of wheels that has the same "key" as yours. There is a master set of "keys" that your dealership will have (and can be obtained by the public... but I'm not posting how) that they use if you have your wheels rotated there (and this master set may be at other places where one would have wheels rotated, etc.).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep .. I'm sure the dealerships have the/a master. I'm a data guy and given enough time could probably find something on the web that tells me how to obtain a master if I wanted one. However, I'm not concerned with being able to snatch other peoples property. Only to protect mine. So .. I guess what Ill do is look for aftermarket locks and use a set of those in addition to the ones Honda put on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.