2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Alpine S series component speakers in my front doors last night. Tested them and they sounded great, so I put the panels back on and started heading home. I was driving on a smooth highway jammin and enjoying the new speakers then all of a sudden no sound front or back( the rears are still stock speakers as I haven’t got to those yet). I checked the audio fuses, none blown. Any suggestions what to look for next?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you do both upper and lower speakers? Next place to check would be the amp.
Thanks for your reply. I called my friends brother who has a 10th Gen Accord, and I explained my situation. He told me to turn the car on, push the power button three times and I should hear sound. Did what he said, and son of * it worked!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like you have a loose wire or short. Did you just use metra harness and clip them in? Or are you using alpine crossover ect. Do they make those speakers in different inpedence levels?
I ordered all through Crutchfield, so the lower door is plus and play as well as the tweeter except the crossover, they had to be spliced in

·
Registered
953 Posts
I ordered all through Crutchfield, so the lower door is plus and play as well as the tweeter except the crossover, they had to be spliced in
Your tweeters didn't have built in crossovers in line? In any case check those tweeter connections would be first place I start. I actually used these for my tweeters and the bigger version in the middle of the metra harness of the lower t to run the front speaker wire to my dsp for signal to my sub.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your tweeters didn't have built in crossovers in line? In any case check those tweeter connections would be first place I start. I actually used these for my tweeters and the bigger version in the middle of the metra harness of the lower t to run the front speaker wire to my dsp for signal to my sub.

[/URL]
I just had those red splicers that you put around the wires then crimp down.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Check those connection areas. When you were separating the wires to fit them in you could have knicked some wire or something. And also check the positive or negative connection on the battery you removed when doing the work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Check those connection areas. When you were separating the wires to fit them in you could have knicked some wire or something. And also check the positive or negative connection on the battery you removed when doing the work.
Yeah that’s what I was going to do is recheck the splices. Tomorrow I’m adding Rockford Fosgate in the rear deck and a JL 10” sub and JL mono amp

·
Registered
953 Posts
Lmk if you have any problems. You def want to tap the fronts for signal. This might help in the meantime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.