2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a US model, there seems to be no way to have regular cruise control. The active one is annoying is ****. How do I switch modes?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Look up Adaptive Cruise Control in your User's Manual. It will tell you how to switch modes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did and it doesn't. It says Mexican models only, I tried what it says there and it doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
I did and it doesn't. It says Mexican models only, I tried what it says there and it doesn't work.
Not sure what you are looking at... I don't see that in my manual regarding "Mexican models only". See attachments is that what you tried that didn't work?

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a US model, there seems to be no way to have regular cruise control. The active one is annoying is ****. How do I switch modes?
Sorry, going from faulty memory but if you see those white bars behind vehicle on the display. I think you can use a button on the steering wheel to increase or decrease the following distance. More bars = longer following distance. Less bars mean closer following distance. I think you can reduce to “no bars” which I believe would reduce it to simple, “traditional” cruise control. Just guessing a bit...
DD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what you are looking at... I don't see that in my manual regarding "Mexican models only". See attachments is that what you tried that didn't work?
The printed manual that came with the car. Here:

I tried it and it doesn't work on my car because it's not a Mexican model..

·
Registered
40 Posts
You have to press and hold the interval button without cruise control on for it to turn off the ACC. i just found out about the feature myself last week.

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
The printed manual that came with the car. Here:

View attachment 3707

I tried it and it doesn't work on my car because it's not a Mexican model..
That's odd.... my screenshot is of the same page as yours but doesn't have "Mexican Models" at the top. :unsure:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looking at both User's Manuals, switching between the ACC and CC modes on the American and Mexican Models is exactly the same. If it is not working, then there must be a step that you are missing.

Here's what I suggest you do:
  1. Turn the car on. This is obvious, but just in case.
  2. If you do not see the letters "ACC" in the center of the dash, then press the MAIN button on the steering wheel to enable the cruise feature. The "ACC" letters should then show up.
  3. Press and hold the Interval Button on the dash. The Interval Button is on the right side of the steering wheel and is the bottom-left most button on that side.
  4. When it switches modes to regular cruise control it will display "Cruise Mode" next to the "ACC" letters. You toggle between modes by pressing and holding the Interval Button. When "Cruise Mode" is not showing, then you are in the ACC mode.
  5. If you do not hold the Interval Button it will just toggle between the interval distance settings and not switch modes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have to press and hold the interval button without cruise control on for it to turn off the ACC. i just found out about the feature myself last week.
Didn't work

Looking at both User's Manuals, switching between the ACC and CC modes on the American and Mexican Models is exactly the same. If it is not working, then there must be a step that you are missing.

Here's what I suggest you do:
  1. Turn the car on. This is obvious, but just in case.
  2. If you do not see the letters "ACC" in the center of the dash, then press the MAIN button on the steering wheel to enable the cruise feature. The "ACC" letters should then show up.
  3. Press and hold the Interval Button on the dash. The Interval Button is on the right side of the steering wheel and is the bottom-left most button on that side.
  4. When it switches modes to regular cruise control it will display "Cruise Mode" next to the "ACC" letters. You toggle between modes by pressing and holding the Interval Button. When "Cruise Mode" is not showing, then you are in the ACC mode.
  5. If you do not hold the Interval Button it will just toggle between the interval distance settings and not switch modes.
Yeah I tried that several times, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The system is either faulty, or you're not aware when the modes switched, or you're just not doing things right.

Take it to the dealer and let them show you how to do it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds dangerous filming while cruising but I'll try.

Are you sure your cars are made in America not Mexico?
Stop trying to change the mode while cruising. I gave you the exact steps to do, and I never said do them while cruising. Do like I told you ... nothing more, nothing less including not hitting the SET/- button.

My 2018 Accord came from Marysville, Ohio. That's in the USA if you'll recall. BTW, Mexico is in America, but I understand what you are getting at.

Mine works. You claim yours doesn't. If the steps I gave you doesn't work, then take it to the dealer. Otherwise, we obviously can't solve your problem over the internet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stop trying to change the mode while cruising. I gave you the exact steps to do, and I never said do them while cruising. Do like I told you ... nothing more, nothing less including not hitting the SET/- button.

My 2018 Accord came from Marysville, Ohio. That's in the USA if you'll recall. BTW, Mexico is in America, but I understand what you are getting at.

Mine works. You claim yours doesn't. If the steps I gave you doesn't work, then take it to the dealer. Otherwise, we obviously can't solve your problem over the internet.
Do you have to be so rude? :/

By cruise I meant cruising, not using having cruise control active. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow for another problem and will see if they're competent enough to answer.

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
Do you have to be so rude? :/

By cruise I meant cruising, not using having cruise control active. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow for another problem and will see if they're competent enough to answer.
Did you get this resolved by dealership?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you get this resolved by dealership?
Nope. I took it for other problems, and during the test drive I asked the technicians about it and he said he has no idea why it's not working. I'll talk to them about returning the car anyway. The "brand new" car has had more problems than my older cars when they were used.

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
Nope. I took it for other problems, and during the test drive I asked the technicians about it and he said he has no idea why it's not working. I'll talk to them about returning the car anyway. The "brand new" car has had more problems than my older cars when they were used.
That sucks!!!

Did they mention if the procedure discussed (and was in manual) was the correct way to do it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts