2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Oil maintenance due appears after the first 3000 miles

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  EngTech1 
#1 ·
I bought a 2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L this March. Just finished first 3000 miles drive. The oil maintenance alert shows up. It had 50% remaining when I bought the car and now it’s 15% remaining. I wonder if the maintenance period is coming too quick.

And the mileage shows 225 miles when I bought. Is that common?

Side question: If I keep driving at a speed of 50mph, the engine will emit a humming noise that gradually rises. Has someone experienced the same?

#2 ·
Very odd that it was showing 50% with only 225 miles when you purchased car. I think I would have had them do an oil change prior to purchase (even though they probably would have just reset it and let you go). Being it was at 50% and you've put 3000 miles on the car it's not unreasonable it is now at 15%. The maintenance minder factors in mileage, type of driving (city, highway, stop & go, etc.), & time to determine when it's time to change the oil.

Regarding the humming you are hearing there are several threads in this board regarding that issue... you are not alone on hearing it.

#3 ·
Very odd that it was showing 50% with only 225 miles when you purchased car. I think I would have had them do an oil change prior to purchase (even though they probably would have just reset it and let you go). Being it was at 50% and you've put 3000 miles on the car it's not unreasonable it is now at 15%. The maintenance minder factors in mileage, type of driving (city, highway, stop & go, etc.), & time to determine when it's time to change the oil.

Regarding the humming you are hearing there are several threads in this board regarding that issue... you are not alone on hearing it.
Really appreciate for your input. I will argue for a free oil change. For the 225miles, I guess it might be used for some test drive?

#5 ·
I Realize this is an Older Thread : Just Placing Up for Reference

Anyone have anything like this Just ~ Drop Filter & Add it's Filters get Loaded Up with Bugs , Debris from Too Tight Honing ..
Special Honing that Honda does , I Always Very Loads & Break in on Highway 400-600 miles Min. usually in Mtns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.