2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK , I have QC inspector long time and I have seen Many Manufacturing Items , Issues , Idea's - Products , Requirements etc . .

I have Not seen anywhere it states Navigation - can't be Used while Driving ! Period ..

Life Changes , Routes Change , Dinner Plans Change , Roads Change , Gas Required - all of Sudden - Poop Happens . . Faster the Sand through a Funnel ..

So Why isn't ( Nav Route Changing ) - once Under Way Available - I have heard the BS from Sales People , You might be using it While Driving - BS

It would be Super Easy to Let the Nav - Be Set to Use Passenger Use - and Buttons or Screen Functions all Be Basis toward that side of the Car , What Do they do in Europe
with Left Handed Drives .. Haaaa ? ( That Passenger or Driver Use Is What Needs to be Set - While the Car is Stopped ) Not where the H Your Going ..

First Up Most Travelers & Touring Persons etc. - Vacations in Strange Land or Sate - will be What - Tell Ya What You'll be with Someone .. Right - - sooooooo the
Other Person gets Assigned as Navigation Person - Screen and Buttons all get Biassed in that Direction , Hence Once Assigned from Stop - Everything works 100% on the Move .
Life Changes to Fast , and Moving Cars make to much Sound - which - Over Powers the Voice Control as that Assistant becomes - Dumber - the Faster the Car Goes . .
Or the Harder it's Raining etc. :grin:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK , I have to back Pedal on My 1 Bitch about the NAVI - First Off it's Quite Smart , and the AI seems to be Learning Our Voices .. - My Passenger has Actually become Comfortable with It - That in Itself is Great _ as She is Not Tech Savvy , Laptop
1-10 scale 5 , Iphone 1-10 scale 7 , Navigation Devices 1-10 scale 5 - Yet She is doing this Navi on the Honda - A-OK - She Got a 10 !
Which is a 10 in My Book .. as I'm Busy Driving !

The Passenger Orientation I Thought was Off in Design ( Not so Much ) as She Grabs the Map Button on Her Side and Goes from There . . after 4 short Trips and 1 Long Trip - Traveling , My Opinion on this Navi has Gone Up 80% - from the first Trips where It didn't Under stand Us - Part of This : I'm Finding is :
( Volume Control Settings on Her Voice ( Navi ) & Volume on ) Head Unit - has a Direct Impact on Function !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts