2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a 2020 Accord Sport 2.0 and have had a few questions for the community.

1. I've had a few cars with paddle shifters, but these feel different. The left paddle shifter is smooth under my fingers and the right paddle shifter has 3 (I think) ridges. Is this standard across all Accords? If so, does anyone know if there is a reason for this? Every other vehicle I've had with them they have been uniform.

2. Not sure of the official name, but the front, center console/cubby thing (with the usb port, outlet, etc...). I have to press the door 4 times to get it to open, every sing time. The one I test drove at the dealership (not the one I now own) did the exact same thing and the salesmen even made a point to call it out as some kind of weird defect. Anyone else have this issue and/or know a way to fix?

Thanks for the help! I have a couple of other questions as well that will go in other areas of the forums, but I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

·
Administrator
2,865 Posts
I'll address your questions below...

1. I have an '18 Touring 2.0T and also have the ridges on the paddles. This is my first car with paddle shifters so don't have any prior experience/knowledge of how others are. I was thinking that the difference in them was to let driver know which one was which (upshift or downshift).

2. I have had a couple times when I had to press the console door several times to get it to open. What I have found though is if you hit the sweet spot (lower middle) of the door it opens... YMMV. I also don't have anything inside that compartment other than the cable for my phone to use Android Auto. If you do have items in that compartment, make sure they are not interfering with it being pushed to release.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts