2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought; checked on Brembo Brakes for my Sport: NA (through TireRack). I checked other brands like Power Stop: 4 slotted/drilled rotors with red calipers, pads $489, not including install. Need to find out 4 or 6 piston caliper? I want 6!

Any one looked at brake upgrades? My opinion is brakes feel good but ugly in presentation; brakes lines showing!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, please keep us apprised if your brake plans. My Sport 2.0 brakes feel OK except when first used after cold-damp weather...super grabby at the first stop or two.

Car and Driver loved our Sport (slightly bigger) brakes but did manage to totally destroy the pads and rotors after just 10 laps at VIR. Talented aggressive drivers on road courses are tough on brakes. They were very complementary of the handling and speed however.

·
Registered
71 Posts
$489 front and rear set?!?!?! thats a great deal. keep up posted

I bought PowerStop carbon ceramic pads for my Camaro SS from Amazon. The OEM's emitted a lot of brake dust. They were under $200 for full set of front and rear pads only and very little dust so that $489 price sounds very good for pads and rotors from Tire Rack. They use Centric which are also good. If you go PowerStop you should look at the PowerStop web site to find correct pads to be sure you get the right ones first though. I first got the Z26 pads and they were great but squealed when cold for about a mile so I took them off and bought the Z24 which are a great street pad. The Z26 is better for track though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I tried to edit my post but saw you were looking at Brembo pads and rotors. The Brembo's on my Camaro emitted a lot of brake dust and were a pain to keep the wheels clean. If you can get PowerStop pads and rotors I think you would be happier. They stop as well and very little brake dusting.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think Brakes are OK for everyday - but If Your Turning it up to the 9th Degree running through Mountains I'd like 6 Puck Progressive with 2 Pc & Full Floating Hats ~
Especially for those Sudden Stops for Deer or the Other Guys Mistake .. type Traffic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts