2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on a good phone mount. I'm not a huge fan of clipping one to the vents, as I don't want to block the airflow. I also would like one that will not leave any permanent marks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There are a ton of universal options online. Whether you'd rather use a windshield mount or even a rear view mirror one.

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
You dont like hands free bluetooth?
Was kinda wondering the same thing... with all the technology in the car my phone never comes out of my pocket unless it needs charging. Then I thought maybe the OP is a Uber or Lyft driver and needs to have it out for that. :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I like the bluetooth but i still like to scroll through my library of music. When i try and use voice commands to play particular music, it almost always plays something different than what I ask. Maybe I'm using it wrong, i don't know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got a ton of songs on a USB thumbdrive. If I use the voice command (the face with waves from mouth icon on steering wheel), I can say USB - PLAY ARTIST - BEASTIE BOYS or USB - PLAY ALBUM - JUDGEMENT NIGHT or USB - PLAY SONG - GIRL YOU WANT

Here is the list of USB commands:
The USB command is as follows.

USB
Play Genre < Genre name >
Play Artist < Artist name >
Play Album < Album name >
Play Playlist < Playlist name >
Play Song < Song name >
Play Music
List Genre < Genre name >
List Artist < Artist name >
List Album < Album name >
List Playlist < Playlist name >

It seems pretty accurate. If it doesnt understand, it starts listing things out.
*Maybe it could get confused if you have Lez Zepplin and Led Zepplin both on USB

·
Registered
242 Posts
No I like the bluetooth but i still like to scroll through my library of music. When i try and use voice commands to play particular music, it almost always plays something different than what I ask. Maybe I'm using it wrong, i don't know.
Sometimes these systems need time to pick up on your voice and get used to your commands.
It might or might not be true here, but i'd say give it some time. Or just learn under what conditions it works best.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
My phone fits perfectly next to the USB port. Android Auto takes care of the rest...Spotify for music, Waze for navigation, Google Assistant works great with both apps, etc...much better than stock navigation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought this and love it, works great, the base fits in the second cupholder: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NPS6S41/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wanted access to my iPhone for a few reasons:

- sometimes I play audio from an app that doesn't support CarPlay, so I need to use the app natively on the phone.

- I hate the way the system will only read me texts instead of letting me see them. Now, I totally get it from a safety perspective and I never read that stuff when driving. But if I get texts, once I stop at a light, then I want to be able to conveniently read those texts. Now I can.

And it looks great. Really happy with this solution.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts