2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Please help! Yellowing rear bumper - PWP 2018 2.0 Touring

6K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Dan Villa 
It would be interesting to see a Gen X Accord in a wind tunnel as I've noticed that area of my bumper collects dust/dirt/debris after driving. My thought is this is a dead space area and the reason for this occurring and is more visible on a white car.

Since you're not the original owner the next time this discoloring comes back you may want to seek professional (paint/auto body repair) help. With it keep coming back it may be the result of a repair/paint job that either wasn't done right or wasn't taken care of after the repair (not letting the paint cure/etc.) that is causing this issue.

Looks like rail dust to me. Search YouTube on it. The most common area rail dust is prone to is the back and side of the car
I have never heard of rail dust. But, after watching the suggested YouTube videos, it seems that rail dust may be causing @Xful's problem.

It also seems that rail dust is more obvious on white cars.
Interesting... had never heard of it. Makes sense though as I stated I've noticed dust accumulate on the rear of my car (which validates what was mentioned in a video I watched about this) in the same area as the OP. Also I don't think the OEM brake pads on our car are the best available. It has been posted in other threads that they don't last long which would lead me to believe they are breaking down (IE: creating more dust) rapidly.

Same never heard of it until the shop I got my ceramic coat at was telling me these things to do keep the look as pristine as possible. I probably do a spray down once or twice a year using this stuff called Optimum FerreX. It is more prone to white colored cars but it’s a good thing to do on all colors.

Optimum (21977) FerreX - 17 oz. Amazon.com: Optimum (21977) FerreX - 17 oz.: Automotive
It’s also a good wheel cleaner too :)
Thanks for the link and advice. (y)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.