2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

Please help! Yellowing rear bumper - PWP 2018 2.0 Touring

6K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Dan Villa 
My wife had the same color on hers and in 30k miles, 1.5 years I never saw anything like this happen. That's really odd..let us know if you find anything on this.

Sorry to hear/see that, gotta be frustrating! Did you remove or bypass your cat? If not, have you tried using a different fuel brand/source? Can you tell if your car is running too rich?
Running rich should leave a black residue if anything. The yellow is what throws me off. Old clear coat will sometimes look yellow on a white car but the fact that it can be removed and it comes back. I see why exhaust comes to mind but I can't see it turning yellow from that. weird...

It would be interesting to see a Gen X Accord in a wind tunnel as I've noticed that area of my bumper collects dust/dirt/debris after driving. My thought is this is a dead space area and the reason for this occurring and is more visible on a white car.
It is the only place on my car that has already gathered dust/dirt after a couple days of driving post full wash and wax. It's really odd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.