2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Equipment is Top Notch .. Drilled Forged Rods - Oil Pressurized Piston Cooling .

I have seen this on Exotic Motors for some time , some times called Piston Squirt's or Crank Cups for Splashing under side of Pistons ..
Rod Drilling usually only for Race set ups 500Hp Special Builds ..

I don't see any other way for Honda to Flow Oil - has to be Pressurized . . in order to work at all Loading angles ..
High Speed RPM's - Plus - be Effective in Cooling .. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have other Likes about the Accord - Really Dig the Dash Layout - with the Nice White with Green Colors in the Gauge Area , and the Fact that these are
Gauges Not Digital Read Outs , Analog are Faster just to Sweep Past with the eye.

Suspension Modes Very Sweet , Love the Low Growl of the Motor with Mild Throttle Tip in ..

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like that the Accord has a detuned version of the Type R motor mated to a 10spd automatic. It has all the makings of a nice little sleeper which is kinda my thing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I like that the Accord has a detuned version of the Type R motor mated to a 10spd automatic. It has all the makings of a nice little sleeper which is kinda my thing.
It might seem like a nice thing Honda did for us but its quite the opposite.

Car makers always look to use the same powertrains as much as they can, what Honda did here is a classic example of that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It might seem like a nice thing Honda did for us but its quite the opposite.

Car makers always look to use the same powertrains as much as they can, what Honda did here is a classic example of that.
Of course, GM, Ford and Dodge have been doing that for years. The Accord doesn't need a model specific powertrain...In my opinion, this just devalues the Type R a bit. A little tuning and a downpipe and the 10spd 2.0T Accord will walk all over the Type R...You're simply not going to be able to out shift the 10spd. Around a road course it'll be a different situation, but who is going to take this car around a track?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Of course, GM, Ford and Dodge have been doing that for years. The Accord doesn't need a model specific powertrain...In my opinion, this just devalues the Type R a bit. A little tuning and a downpipe and the 10spd 2.0T Accord will walk all over the Type R...You're simply not going to be able to out shift the 10spd. Around a road course it'll be a different situation, but who is going to take this car around a track?

I'm going to Road America on Oct 5th for a Track Day. We will see how it does!

·
Registered
169 Posts

Nice! I was just up there for the IMSA races. Have fun! Are you swapping out your pads and brake fluid?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They did Many Hot Laps on Honda that was Not the Freshest , But Yeah Dot 4 at Least for an Track Duty ..
Over Cooking the Tires didn't Help any .. You have to have some Cool Down Laps in between ..

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like to Hear about that ?

Lets Us Know - How that Goes . . and in Sport Mode How the Trans Handled that . .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.