2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tip from having done mirror mods on previous cars. If you’re in a cold area make sure to bring your housing inside and let it warm to room temperature before removing the glass. Popping the glass loose from the motor ball joints flexes it slightly, and if it’s cold the glass can and will crack.
Random question. If you don’t have the LED turn signals in the mirrors is the wiring present for them?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Has anyone had any experience install this mod? If so, can you verify that features on the 2.0T Accord Touring mirrors are not affected Specifically, I want to make sure this mod retains or doesn't affect the following:
  1. Blind Spot Monitoring;
  2. LED Turn signals;
  3. Heated Mirrors; and
  4. Passenger side auto tilt down when in reverse.
Thanks in advance ...

EDIT: Never mind. The website says it won't fit for the Touring or EX-L Trims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wondering if anyone has had the mirrors working backwards like mine close when I unlock the car and open when I lock it. Any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just wondering if anyone has had the mirrors working backwards like mine close when I unlock the car and open when I lock it. Any advice?
Just flip the polarity of the two wires going the the motor and it will work the opposite direction. Super easy, the connector should be reversible. The fix is on their website too (splice and reverse if your version doesn't have a reversible connector) : XGENAUTO Power Folding Mirror Motor Kit (Troubleshooting Guide)

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord Ex-L 1.5
4 Posts
Has anyone had any experience install this mod? If so, can you verify that features on the 2.0T Accord Touring mirrors are not affected Specifically, I want to make sure this mod retains or doesn't affect the following:
  1. Blind Spot Monitoring;
  2. LED Turn signals;
  3. Heated Mirrors; and
  4. Passenger side auto tilt down when in reverse.
Thanks in advance ...

EDIT: Never mind. The website says it won't fit for the Touring or EX-L Trims.
Nooooooo dammit all I'm an EX-L trim looking for folding mirrors, I street park in Toronto and had mirror taken off.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is this only available in white? I do not see anything about color choices.
This kit only includes the wiring harness and mechanism to operate the power folding capability. You install the kit on your original mirrors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts