2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just got mine installed couple of days ago! It has been great so far. Noticing a little difference in power. As for sound, sounds like stock when cruising around and has a little more "growl" when idling. I will be getting a custom Hondata tune from my local tuner this coming October.

The only slight problem is that it didn't come with directions but came with bolts. After I installed the downpipe and when plugging the o2 back in, I just realized I forgot to install the bottom o2 extension (Yes, the bottom o2 is moved lower instead on the catless pipe). Now my o2 is slightly stretching. Instead of completely re-installing it, I am just going to buy an o2 extension wire for $10 :grin:.

Other than that... it has been great so far. Can't wait to dyno it.

Attachments

· Registered
169 Posts
Just got mine installed couple of days ago! It has been great so far. Noticing a little difference in power. As for sound, sounds like stock when cruising around and has a little more "growl" when idling. I will be getting a custom Hondata tune from my local tuner this coming October.

The only slight problem is that it didn't come with directions but came with bolts. After I installed the downpipe and when plugging the o2 back in, I just realized I forgot to install the bottom o2 extension (Yes, the bottom o2 is moved lower instead on the catless pipe). Now my o2 is slightly stretching. Instead of completely re-installing it, I am just going to buy an o2 extension wire for $10 :grin:.

Other than that... it has been great so far. Can't wait to dyno it.
Nice! Is there any drone or rasp at partial and/or wide open throttle?

Out of curiosity, is the clutch in the 2.0T Accord the same as the Civic Type R?

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Nice! Is there any drone or rasp at partial and/or wide open throttle?

Out of curiosity, is the clutch in the 2.0T Accord the same as the Civic Type R?
No drone on WOT or with just 50% throttle. Hard to tell if there is any rasp or if any.

Not sure about the clutch if they are the same as the FK8 though. They are slightly different part numbers though. I have never did this swap before but would be curious to see if someone who can confirm this. Attached pics for part numbers and image.

Attachments

· Registered
1954 ~ 1 Ton - Dual Truck with Lift Option & 19.5" Wheels & Bigger Brakes
1,066 Posts
The Fly wheels look like Single Mass & Dual mass for the Accord , so Very Different I would believe , unless a Honda Tech can confirm ..

Nice Looking Pipe , have a IR Gun grab some Under Hood Temps on Engine Components , Intake , Turbo Exit - etc. If You get a Chance . .

- Everyone is waiting for a Sound Clip .. :smile:

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Results!

Well got the results after a custom tune by DB Performance! Like to thank the guys over there for a great job! This is a whopping 20whp gain from my previous stage 3 dyno. Overall, differently worth the time! :grin:. I would definitely recommend this performance upgrade over anything else other than a tune.

Keep in mind this is a low reading dyno but still surprise after the results.

Attachments

Reactions: PRL Motorsports

· Registered
28 Posts
Hey everyone - I have a clarifying question about this DP that I can't seem to be able to find an answer to:

I got a Catted PRL DP, and have Hondata flashpro. When installing, will i need the secondary O2 sensor spacer (I think PRL calls it a "defouler") that RagerX was talking about above? I seem to have received a threaded bung to actually close up the secondary O2 sensor opening, So I am confused if I should:
A: Install the O2 sensor just like factory
B: Buy the spacer and install the O2 sensor on that, OR
C: Install the bung that closes off the sensor and do not install the secondary O2 sensor.

Anyone install a Catted DP and wanna share? Thanks!

· Registered
1,066 Posts
iT'S PROBALY FOR

Hey everyone - I have a clarifying question about this DP that I can't seem to be able to find an answer to:

I got a Catted PRL DP, and have Hondata flashpro. When installing, will i need the secondary O2 sensor spacer (I think PRL calls it a "defouler") that RagerX was talking about above? I seem to have received a threaded bung to actually close up the secondary O2 sensor opening, So I am confused if I should:
A: Install the O2 sensor just like factory
B: Buy the spacer and install the O2 sensor on that, OR
C: Install the bung that closes off the sensor and do not install the secondary O2 sensor.

Anyone install a Catted DP and wanna share? Thanks!

To make sure you install all Sensors and they all - Will Reach !

As in those that Don't - Drill Hole & Weld !

If Their Cat Coatings Fail - Oh it's in too Hot of an Area ?

· Registered
1,066 Posts
Interesting

Well got the results after a custom tune by DB Performance! Like to thank the guys over there for a great job! This is a whopping 20whp gain from my previous stage 3 dyno. Overall, differently worth the time! :grin:. I would definitely recommend this performance upgrade over anything else other than a tune.
Keep in mind this is a low reading dyno but still surprise after the results.

Stage 1 Person - really doesn't need one of these ~ ?

10X Auto is being Capped right Now - as Entire Tune isn't ~ Cracked ~ I Mean to say - It's really only "Half -Tune" as it's Not addressing more Clapping Load to the
10X Clutch Plates aren't those Auto's ~ being Limited to 305 Tq / 285 HP certainly Not Going ~ Cat_Less - Simply Put - Mid Pipe is Important - to Remove Heat for Stage 1

4-5 extra HP - lose to be Clean is Not Big Deal ~

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.