2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got to installing it today. Took me 3 1/2 hours with breaks in between to get hydrated and cool down. I don’t have access to a garage so I did this in my driveway on dirt and gravel in the sun…not fun. I should of refreshed the PRL on the intercooler but I was over it lol.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
341 Posts
Just got to installing it today. Took me 3 1/2 hours with breaks in between to get hydrated and cool down. I don’t have access to a garage so I did this in my driveway on dirt and gravel in the sun…not fun. I should of refreshed the PRL on the intercooler but I was over it lol. View attachment 6812 View attachment 6813 View attachment 6814
Any issues with boost leaks or was everything good to go? Heard some people having issues.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you have to muscle your aluminum cold side pipe to match the mounting locations? I had a really hard time with that, needed a helper to force it into position while I fed the screws into place. I noticed your cold side pipe that mates with the intercooler is a little off center (slightly upward on the right side of the coupler). I ran into the same problem and thought it was just me! That whole piece is mandrel bent and hand welded. So those manufacturing variations happen. A few nuances but ehh it works… so far. Lol

I made sure to spray every coupler with a bit of hair spray and tighten them firmly, the last thing I want is blowing one off and having to remove my bumper and other parts to find a boost leak. FK8 Clinic had issues with his 90 elbow at the throttle body blowing off but that dude is running +28 psi. I plan to go there with MHI’s stage 2 in the future so hopefully it isn’t an issue.

So far it’s been good though! I can def hear the turbo sucking in air once I removed the massive resonator and installed this piping. Especially when climbing up a hill or accelerating while already at highway speeds. Sounds pretty neat tbh, stock intercooler resonator does a good job at canceling those frequencies, I was surprised.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was slightly off but I did manage to get the fastener bolts started and tightened all the way after everything was in and clamped. The pictures I took is with all the pipe,fittings and clamps not tightened so the process was not quite complete I forgot to take pictures of it when it was really done and fitted properly. I made sure that I could feel the aluminum pieces on the silicone fittings where the pipe should stop and clamped/torqued where I felt comfortable with. I did notice the turbo spool a little louder without the intercooler resonator as well which was a plus because I missed the sound of the open k&n intake. Fk8 clinic will probably be running more boost than that after he gets the p600 so let’s see how that goes lol.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I ordered mine today. Maybe installing this weekend along with my progress sway bar :)

Reactions: RnS 2.0T

·
Registered
341 Posts
It’s always a better feeling after installing your own parts 😎👍
Yes it is. Done everything myself except my sound system, cause ain’t nobody got time for that lol.

Reactions: RnS 2.0T

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was slightly off but I did manage to get the fastener bolts started and tightened all the way after everything was in and clamped. The pictures I took is with all the pipe,fittings and clamps not tightened so the process was not quite complete I forgot to take pictures of it when it was really done and fitted properly. I made sure that I could feel the aluminum pieces on the silicone fittings where the pipe should stop and clamped/torqued where I felt comfortable with. I did notice the turbo spool a little louder without the intercooler resonator as well which was a plus because I missed the sound of the open k&n intake. Fk8 clinic will probably be running more boost than that after he gets the p600 so let’s see how that goes lol.
whats your experience without the resonator? I ask cause Dan villa in YT didn’t like the delete.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Before PRLs charge pipe system came out I had the resonator delete with the stock IC piping system and it made a little noticeable difference in sound but really didn’t feel any hp gains in terms of power.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.