2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,320 Posts
Don't own/use this product but it states on their website (2018+ Honda Accord 2.0T & 1.5T Intercooler Upgrade) "The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 27 x 3.5 x 7.25" 550+ horsepower rated bar-and-plate core. Our intercooler core which increases surface area by 85% and internal flow by 83% to allow optimal cooling and airflow."

·
Registered
880 Posts
OK , some of those Number really don't mean anything in Terms of Results ~
We need to Know - what the PSI - Drop is Across the Inter-cooler / Compared to Stock ?
We need to Know what the Weight is compared to Stock ? some Mass is Good . .
What is Actual Size of the Surface Area where Air will NOT Flow Past Unit Compared to stock / How Open the Cooling Flow is ( Fins are Per Sq. In ) - which should allow
Easier Air Flow - through the Cooling system . .

Internal - ID Dia. of Inter cooler Exit vs Stock

·
Registered
16 Posts
My tuner down here told me that the intercooler is a waste of $$. Can anyone with it and proven gains chime in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
:O what happened!! No real gains? Lol
We don't make enough power for it to make any type of real difference for the majority of users on this site. I could see it being beneficial if you are circuit track racing your car- but you will not see power gains from a simple intercooler upgrade.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We don't make enough power for it to make any type of real difference for the majority of users on this site. I could see it being beneficial if you are circuit track racing your car- but you will not see power gains from a simple intercooler upgrade.
Thank you!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow dude...giving bad intel from an opinion...and no supporting documentation? Also...I speak first-hand from a 90 degree plus track weekend how efficient the new intercooler is...so you can chill out with those statements trying to black-list PRL Motorsports for something definitely developed to increase efficiency.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow dude...giving bad intel from an opinion...and no supporting documentation? Also...I speak first-hand from a 90 degree plus track weekend how efficient the new intercooler is...so you can chill out with those statements trying to black-list PRL Motorsports for something definitely developed to increase efficiency.

View attachment 3758 View attachment 3759
Hello, I am just curious as to what other mods you have?

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 3758 View attachment 3759
Wow dude, did I not specifically state above that it would be beneficial in a track situation? And you posting some dyno results that are totally irrelevant to the conversation at hand without a comparison on the same day to show said "efficiency" benefit is hilarious since you decided to call me out. I'm not "blacklisting" prl- I have their intake and going to purchase their downpipe.

Reading comprehension and self awareness go a long way in this world. Just sayin.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow dude, did I not specifically state above that it would be beneficial in a track situation? And you posting some bullshit maps without a comparison on the same day to show said "efficiency" benefit is hilarious since you decided to call me out. I'm not "blacklisting" prl- I have their intake and going to purchase their downpipe.

Reading comprehension and self awareness go a long way in this world. Just sayin.
Bullshit maps? Yeah...ok buddy...you can take your Stage -1 Accord and keep on trucking...when you can come play with the big boys that actually need the improved cooling we can talk. Even a stock K20C4 will benefit from any type of increased intercooler sizing...as would any other turbo or super-charged vehicle...so when you get your basic understanding of forced induction dialed in then you can come back with your silly responses.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello, I am just curious as to what other mods you have?
Hello Albert,
Good morning to you good sir...I hope you are well today...:)! Erzsebet is full bolt-on and dyno-tuned on 23 pounds of boost on ethanol-free 93 octane. The power is solid and as smooth as can be and temperatures are beautiful even after a sticky hot track weekend at Honda Day. Thanks for checking in and let me know if I may help in any way. :cool::geek:?!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bullshit maps? Yeah...ok buddy...you can take your Stage -1 Accord and keep on trucking...when you can come play with the big boys that actually need the improved cooling we can talk. Even a stock K20C4 will benefit from any type of increased intercooler sizing...as would any other turbo or super-charged vehicle...so when you get your basic understanding of forced induction dialed in then you can come back with your silly responses.
LMFAO! "The big boys"- runs a 13.5. Throws on a few bolt on mods and is officially a master of forced induction.

If you want to come and play with my "big boys" I have two in the garage and another in my driveway that you can "play with". And go ahead- google search my username "thewraith" and you'll see the cars below along with a dozen other 1000hp+ cars that you can look at, big boy. Clown.
1569244791250.png
:

·
Registered
172 Posts
LMFAO! "The big boys"- runs a 13.5.

If you want to come and play with my "big boys" I have two in the garage and another in my driveway that you can "play with". Clown and go ahead- google search my username "thewraith" and you'll see the cars below along with a dozen other 1000hp+ cars that you can look at, big boy. View attachment 3761 :

View attachment 3762
I have a '03 Cobra with your name on it...so we can play...pick a day buddy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a '03 Cobra with your name on it...so we can play...pick a day buddy.
Not even worth my e85- not even if you were twin turbod w/a built engine and had a bus to start with.

Newsflash: terminators were slow 15 years ago and they are slow today. How's that head doing?

"Big boy".

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not even worth my e85- not even if you were twin turbod w/a built engine and had a bus to start with.

Newsflash: terminators were slow 15 years ago and they are slow today. How's that head doing?

"Big boy".
Pick a place and a sum. Then we can see how slow my snake is against your over-priced junk. Easy as that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Albert,
Good morning to you good sir...I hope you are well today...:)! Erzsebet is full bolt-on and dyno-tuned on 23 pounds of boost on ethanol-free 93 octane. The power is solid and as smooth as can be and temperatures are beautiful even after a sticky hot track weekend at Honda Day. Thanks for checking in and let me know if I may help in any way. :cool::geek:?!
Goodmorning! Awesome, hope it went well!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts