2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I pre ordered prl’s p600 turbo upgrade for my 2.0T Accord and can’t wait for it to get here sometime in the spring time. I do have a question with the guys that are running the fk8 turbo on their accords because prl mentioned it’s like doing that swap, is there any special parts that I need to order that doesn’t come with the kit. Here’s a screenshot of what’s included.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
35 Posts
How did you get it pre ordered beforehand? I thought pre-orders opened up Jan 11th.

I’ve read that the water cooling adapter screw holes need to be drilled out a little bit so you can line it up with the studs on the FK8 turbo. One of the coolant lines is for some reason a little thinner on the Accord adapter. An alternative solution which I’d recommend is use the cooling adapter designed for the FK8 turbo and just get a barbed reducer and 90° hose piece that fits the larger diameter. The smaller side of the reducer will connect to the hose going up to the engine block.

Here’s a post Hondata put together:

If you don’t want to cut your upper heat shield you can just get the FK8 one for like $20. You’ll also need a compatible downpipe. PRL and RV6 both make down pipes that relocate the O2 sensor to the FK8’s stock location since Accord’s have it on the Turbo. Or you can even get the OEM FK8 catted downpipe.

A YouTuber also had issues with his electronic wastegate making contact with the Accord’s stock inlet pipe and he dremeled a bit of plastic off. I haven’t heard of any other people running into the same problem. But one possible solution would be getting a P2R thermal gasket to put between the stock inlet pipe and turbo as a buffer. Don’t quote me on this one, but it could work if the inlet clearance thing is common. Or just buy the FK8 stock inlet and drill a hole into it to bring in a vacuum line the stock Accord inlet has (this vacuum line might not be necessary). That seems like more work and money getting a FK8 inlet pipe but it might also add some performance benefits.

I saw on PRL’s P600 listing they said it works with the Accord with “Install Kit or Modification” they haven’t specified on what the “Install Kit” includes. It might have some bits and pieces that make the installation a lot easier.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How did you get it pre ordered beforehand? I thought pre-orders opened up Jan 11th.

I’ve read that the water cooling adapter screw holes need to be drilled out a little bit so you can line it up with the studs on the FK8 turbo. One of the coolant lines is for some reason a little thinner on the Accord adapter. An alternative solution which I’d recommend is use the cooling adapter designed for the FK8 turbo and just get a barbed reducer and 90° hose piece that fits the larger diameter. The smaller side of the reducer will connect to the hose going up to the engine block.

Here’s a post Hondata put together:

If you don’t want to cut your upper heat shield you can just get the FK8 one for like $20. You’ll also need a compatible downpipe. PRL and RV6 both make down pipes that relocate the O2 sensor to the FK8’s stock location since Accord’s have it on the Turbo. Or you can even get the OEM FK8 catted downpipe.

A YouTuber also had issues with his electronic wastegate making contact with the Accord’s stock inlet pipe and he dremeled a bit of plastic off. I haven’t heard of any other people running into the same problem. But one possible solution would be getting a P2R thermal gasket to put between the stock inlet pipe and turbo as a buffer. Don’t quote me on this one, but it could work if the inlet clearance thing is common. Or just buy the FK8 stock inlet and drill a hole into it to bring in a vacuum line the stock Accord inlet has (this vacuum line might not be necessary). That seems like more work and money getting a FK8 inlet pipe but it might also add some performance benefits.

I saw on PRL’s P600 listing they said it works with the Accord with “Install Kit or Modification” they haven’t specified on what the “Install Kit” includes. It might have some bits and pieces that make the installation a lot easier.
I got this guy at MAPerformance that wrote me an invoice because they deal for prl and paid the invoice already so it will be sent right on the 11th to prl and I appreciate the help I had no idea what to expect.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
375 Posts

Wow, can't wait to see what they can do with the Type R TSX!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you do install, or prior, can you comment what downpipe you have?

I'm interested in the p600 for the future but have the original rev Rv6 downpipe that is not type-r turbo compatible

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the PRL catted downpipe and front pipe currently so it should bolt right up to it

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:
Prl is going to be including everything needed for the swap but wastegate actuator arm and coolant lines separate.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Nice - R8 has Higher & Lower Compressor Fin Combo vs New Hybrid - every Other Combo Fin - Total Fin Area & Less Weight Compensating for It's Larger Size
Plus More Aero Eff% Design - Will Provide Wider Eff% Map Plus - Extra Long Exducer Tips Reduced Drag @ Super Sonic . SWEET . .

Exhaust side Much High Flow on on Exhaust Side .., Especially like Better Angle on Waste gate Exit ! so Gases aren't Beating up against Gate Door ..
Also Hot Exhaust Gas Pulse Assist or Anti Feed Back Scrapers - Man Someone has Been Doing Their Home Work . . Extra Sweet

CHRA has Dual Seals Better High Boost & Longer Life ~ Stronger Stepped Shaft ~ Yeahhhhhhhaaaa

Extra Big Exhaust Gas Exit on Housing to Reduce Back Pressure - from Having a Turbo ..Really should Push those Blades . .
Also Like the Big E - Clip to Hold Housing . . from what I see just Off Top Head with having ~ Blue Prints . .

I'd probably set up with 18 PSI as Volume is going to be Up there . . all Way to 7400 Rpms :cool::coffee:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Haa LOL Laughing at Myself - just got back from Reading PRI stuff on this Unit ..
I was so Involved looking at Photo's & Re-looking - Comparing - I Completely Missed those Links . .

So It does look like a Cooler way to Run 24 PSI - have a Cooler Turbo & Motor .. do to Less Stress Compared to Factory Unit . . Running Tune ..
Nice Stuff indeed . .

Looks Like someone is Going to have ~ Port Fuel Supply ? At Least for Big 500 Hp Mod Guys & 8000 Rpm .. can't Wait to Hear One of those Screaming Down Track . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I pre ordered prl’s p600 turbo upgrade for my 2.0T Accord and can’t wait for it to get here sometime in the spring time. I do have a question with the guys that are running the fk8 turbo on their accords because prl mentioned it’s like doing that swap, is there any special parts that I need to order that doesn’t come with the kit. Here’s a screenshot of what’s included.
in the blog they did say they were restricted by the stock MAP sensor and had to upgrade to a 4 bar MAP sensor

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
35 Posts
in the blog they did say they were restricted by the stock MAP sensor and had to upgrade to a 4 bar MAP sensor
There are two MAP sensors on the Accord, one on the charge pipe and one on the intake manifold.

Its also all depends on what OP’s intentions are, if he wants to push the Accord to the absolute limit then yeah go 4 Bar. If he’s gonna stay below 28 PSI then he might be fine just keeping the stock ones.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hey Let Us know about the Coolant Line , Hook Up - ( Pictures ) & Any Holes to be Widen on Coolant Line Tabs ?

Seems one could Run this @ 24 Psi and so much more Volume & Upper Velocity - while Turbo would stay Cooler ..

Not Working as Hard as Smaller Unit OEM trying to Keep up with Engine 21.8 Psi .. @ 6000 Plus RPM's

P600 shouldn't even Break a Sweat doing 24 Psi - 28 Psi 7000 Plus Rpm . .

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PRL has this on their website for individuals swapping to turbos similar to the p600 and to the Fk8 titanium inlet. The coolant lines attach to the mounting points for support but it does include the coolant lines needed and also makes everything look sleek and clean in the engine bay. PRL Turbocharger and inlet swap kit. I don’t see this turbo causing stress or having trouble breathing at that amount of boost but I will be talking to my tuner about my safe limit. I also didn’t get a 4 bar map sensor for nothing 😅.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts