2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comparisons between the new Accord and Camry are inevitable, seeing how closely they match up in terms of specifications. Most owners will be happy to see that the Accord easily wins in the 1/4 mile sprint. The guys over at TFL are pretty impressed that Honda continues to support the manual transmission, despite how few people will opt for it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just noticed there's a glow in the dark trunk opening tab in the Honda Accord, in case someone ever gets trapped in there somehow... Interesting small things like these makes me take a longer look at the car.
It's really a coin toss as they say and you can't go wrong with either one, the Camry is a more relaxed drive and the Accord is sportier. Just come out with an AWD Type R Accord with manual transmission and the world will be complete.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It looks like it really boils down to what you're looking for in a car. They have fairly similar styling and both are well known for reliability. But the Accord definitely has a more sporty driving experience, and imo much more hidden potential for those interested in aftermarket mods. Honda is going to have to do something to better compete with Toyota, because it doesn't look like the recent price reduction has done much for sales.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think a lot of it also has to do with the badging, as people seem to leaning towards Toyota for their reputation around reliability. I also think they implemented far more significant changes over the outgoing Camry, which has generated a lot of interest in the new model. I do think Honda should tweak the front grille a bit, because it seems like it can be hit or miss with most people.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I do agree the Accord's front grille isn't the best looking compared to the Camry, seems like there's a chunk missing under the Honda badge. But hey, if the Accord's design follows in the Civic's footsteps, then the next gen model is definitely going to be a looker. The 9th gen Civic was hideous and the 10th gen did a 360 degree turnaround.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts