2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have H&R spacers all four on my 18 sport and planning on putting some rims. They are 20mm and to make them work with sport stock wheels i had to cut the studs about 5mm. Im planning on putting a set of 20s without the spacers but im not sure if its still safe to mount it with less thread. Im on tein coilovers with one finger gap. If i leave the spacers on what width and offset i can go for?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have H&R spacers all four on my 18 sport and planning on putting some rims. They are 20mm and to make them work with sport stock wheels i had to cut the studs about 5mm. Im planning on putting a set of 20s without the spacers but im not sure if its still safe to mount it with less thread. Im on tein coilovers with one finger gap. If i leave the spacers on what width and offset i can go for?
What the offset on wheels?

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
549 Posts
Like Jrod is asking, your offset and other specs (width) is going to matter with regards to clearances and poke. Your stud length is your stud length - AFAIK, your choice of offset is not going to make a difference on how well the wheel secures to your studs. The thickness of the wheel at the lug nut holes is what you would need to know (and I don't remember seeing that spec commonly listed for wheels). You may want to take your spacers off, put your stock wheel back on, and see how much "bite" your lug nuts have now. Do your own googling, this is just one of many references - Minimum Thread Engagement for Wheel Nuts – DrivenProducts.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
i havent picked one yet. not sure what to go for with less bolt thread
If you go 20x8.5
i havent picked one yet. not sure what to go for with less bolt thread
if you go with 20x8.5 you should be ok with the spacer on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.