2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car will be going in the body shop soon and I am thinking about changing the unibrow chrome grill on my Touring. Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket Sport grills from ebay? Ones like this in particular. For 18-2020 10th Honda Accord Glossy Black Chrome Trim Sport Style Front Grille | eBay

The body shop will have to bumper cover off to replace a fender and mount a new chin spoiler. I figured since they were doing that I would have them change the grill also. The OEM Sport grill is almost $300. In my opinion that is a bit pricey. I like the look of the sport grill way better than the unibrow. I appreciate any info you guys can provide.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
Don't have any experience regarding this particular grill/eBay seller however he has a high rating (99.8) and lots of feedback (46566). When I purchase from eBay I look at feedback from previous transactions of the particular product I'm interested in.... if the majority is positive I take that as a good sign.

Like you I didn't like the chrome unibrow look and went for the sport grill... I had mine done at time of purchase along w/all the other accessories deeply discounted (purchase & installation).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thats what I was thinking as far as the reviews and such. I know anything aftermarket does not fit as well as OEM. I just can not bring myself to spend $300 on a bit of plastic. I doubt the dealership will discount the OEM grill enough to justify it. I bought an Akasaka v-type rear spoiler and was very impressed with the fitment.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My car will be going in the body shop soon and I am thinking about changing the unibrow chrome grill on my Touring. Does anyone have any experience with the aftermarket Sport grills from ebay? Ones like this in particular. For 18-2020 10th Honda Accord Glossy Black Chrome Trim Sport Style Front Grille | eBay

The body shop will have to bumper cover off to replace a fender and mount a new chin spoiler. I figured since they were doing that I would have them change the grill also. The OEM Sport grill is almost $300. In my opinion that is a bit pricey. I like the look of the sport grill way better than the unibrow. I appreciate any info you guys can provide.
I like it!
Let us know how it goes if you do go for it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Which grille did you end up with? I chose the OEM sport grille with the chrome stache. EZ swap. Got about 30% off from HondapartsDirect and drove up to get it. Long wide box fills the cabin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up buying this one. The factory one from Honda parts direct would have ended up being $392. Thats a bit pricey for a grill in my opinion. I haven't had it installed yet. Im still waiting on my body shop guy to get my car in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I understand.

Sport grill plus accent piece is about 200 from a Honda e-store such as hondapartsdirect.

DIY labor extra. Lunchtime swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.