2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and new to car audio systems in general and just had a few questions. I went to a local car audio shop and talked to them about upgrading my front speakers and adding a sub. They quoted me $2300 for everything and I'm not really looking to spend that much money right now. To start I'm thinking about just upgrading my front speakers and adding tweeters. I honestly have no idea where to even begin, I don't know what the specs are on the current stock speakers besides the fact they are 160W. If anyone could even begin to point me in the right direction of what sort of speakers i should be looking at or can recommend anything, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Edit: I should not that I am not someone looking for super loud speakers and subwoofer that you can hear down the block. I just want an upgrade in sound quality, and maybe a little more base. Adding tweeters would be nice too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
For that kind of money I think you're looking a professional system, which it doesn't sound like you need. You may be able to get away with amping the stock speakers and simply adding a sub. I've been pretty impressed with Sony's Xplod 6x9 3 way speakers, which are 400W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts