2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T - M.T.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone on the forums use a turbo timer?

Is this device something that will prolong the life of the car?

I usually just get in-drive-get out. No spirited driving or racing. Is this something that would be useful for my daily driving habits?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
New to the "Turbo" game so I had to Google what a turbo timer was. Couple articles I found left me feeling at ease and removing concern or need for me to get one....

Myth - Turbo timers: How important is it, really?

Turbo timer: Does my turbocharged car need one?

Not hard on my car or do much spirited driving... even when I do get the urge for spirited driving by the time I get in my subdivision, car parked it (IMO) would have been enough time to cool turbo down enough to not need to have car run for a period of time after I exit.

Also first time anyone has mentioned it on this forum and some members have heavily modified their car's.

·
Registered
252 Posts
First time I've also very heard of turbo timers on this Forum. haha. Yeah, as long as you don't spool the turbo too much right before you park your car, your engine should be absolutely fine. I spool my turbo in the middle of my driving, but not at the very end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.