2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Turn the knob on the front of infotainment or use the volume control on steering wheel pressing on volume- button until sound level is achieved.

·
Administrator
2,615 Posts
Turn the knob on the front of infotainment or use the volume control on steering wheel pressing on volume- button until sound level is achieved.
Yea, what they said... You can mute a phone call during a conversation but as far as any of the other features (XM, radio, navigation, etc.) just use the knob on the infotainment center or the buttons on the steering wheel to turn the volume down/up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just push the power/volume knob and that will immediately mute the radio. For system volume adjustments like the navigation system, turn the knob while she’s talking ie announcing an upcoming turn and it will adjust the system volume quickly. Steering wheel works too of course as mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
but you cannot mute the Nav voice entirely. I have been frustrated with this for days. It doesnt allow you to fully mute the Nav voice, plus it will interrup the Stereo audio everytime the Nav command screen changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
System Volume

but you cannot mute the Nav voice entirely. I have been frustrated with this for days. It doesnt allow you to fully mute the Nav voice, plus it will interrup the Stereo audio everytime the Nav command screen changes.

This is my biggest peeve with the Honda Nav system. You can't permanently mute the voice using System Volume defaults. It's one reason I prefer Waze or Google Maps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the 2018 Touring 2.0 for three years. Whenever I use the Nav system, I first go to System settings and set the voice volume off. That usually lasts through my trip. Unfortunately, there is no permanent "off" default. Maybe in prior years, but not in the 2018. I prefer to use Waze and Google Maps through my Android. The only issue is that Waze is sometimes slow to lock on to the HUD and, at times, freezes on a long stretch with the prior turn; e.g., "Turn right in 25 feet" staring me in the face as I drive through heavy traffic. (Not a Honda problem. Waze tells me it's a work in progress.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts