2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. Purchased a new 2020 Accord Hybrid Touring in March. Just did my first oil change (no filter change per manual!) at 10K+ miles. Checked all fluids except for coolant overflow tank. Can't find it. Found what looks like an overflow tank but that is for the hybrid power inverter. I see a low psi hose coming off the radiator cap. I know it goes to the coolant overflow tank but can't find it!!! Anyone know where it is?

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
Can't speak of the hybrid but on my Touring it's right behind the windshield washer fluid container. I looked online at Honda Parts Online and they are showing P/N 19101-6A-A00 for both my car and the hybrid tank reservoir. Since my car isn't the hybrid and I don't have hybrid power inverter tank... the hose from the tank on my car appears to be going back up to the radiator (there is a cover I didn't pull off to confirm)... see attachment.

On another note you mentioned you changed the oil only and not the filter (per manual) IMHO if you change the oil the filter should be changed also. The oil filter is inexpensive ($5.48 @ Honda Parts Online P/N 15400-PLM-A02) and not changing it you are leaving old/contaminated oil (added to the residual left in the oil pan/motor) in the car. To me not changing the filter every oil change is like taking a shower and putting the sweaty/dirty shorts back on you took off before getting in the shower. 😩 Again JMHO you do what you're comfortable with.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.