2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday after a nice drive around town came home and noticed after I turned off the engine radio wouldn’t turn off. I rebooted the system to factory settings and nothing, unplugged battery waited plugged back in and still had this happening after turning Engine off. Anyone else encounter this . I performed the new software update , and about two weeks ago I did a full sound system upgrade components, subs and amplifiers .

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
...and about two weeks ago I did a full sound system upgrade components, subs and amplifiers.
Did you do this install or have it done? Just wondering if somehow this install could be related to your issue since dealer is clueless. :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you do this install or have it done? Just wondering if somehow this install could be related to your issue since dealer is clueless. :unsure:
Ok so I got an accidental update so as I was switching my old amp to my upgraded sub amp I blew my 200amp fuse while the fuse blown, the radio turned off by itself. Anyone know what could be the problem. I replaced the fuse and were back to square one. Radio stay on.

·
Administrator
2,838 Posts
No help on what it could be but the fact that it turned off would lead me to believe it's not software related. I'm back to theory of it being related to the installation of the new stereo equipment... it's acting like the power lead is no longer on a switched circuit but on one that can receive power at all times. :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So going through my system , and I figured out the problem. So the amps that I installed have something called signal sensing. This helps the amp get a signal to turn on from the speakers and not the radios 12v cable . So since both my amps have this there was no need for the 12v from my four channel to connect to my monoblock amp. This was the culprit. I took off the 12v signal from my 4channel - monoblock and presto radio turns off with the car .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.