2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
I am getting rattle noise from my 2019 accord, rattle starts after 10-15 mins of drive, when accelerating 1500-2000 rpm, and car going over a bump. Sometimes the noise is loud when taking a turn, climbing a slight uphill on the road. I hear the sound more loud underneath, driver right side kick panel. Brand new car, but this rattle is making me frustrated. Looking forward to any suggestion. Thanks
ive seen sway bar end link nuts loose from the factory and not caught during Pre delivery inspection. Also seen strut rod nuts loose as well. Hope you figured out your rattle.

· Registered
136 Posts
I am getting rattle noise from my 2019 accord, rattle starts after 10-15 mins of drive, when accelerating 1500-2000 rpm, and car going over a bump. Sometimes the noise is loud when taking a turn, climbing a slight uphill on the road. I hear the sound more loud underneath, driver right side kick panel. Brand new car, but this rattle is making me frustrated. Looking forward to any suggestion. Thanks
Having Driven a 98 Civic for 150k + Miles and 100K Miles on a 2012, I would not be able to drive a car that rattled quite like that without being a light weighted and tuned race car lol And believe me, those two cars are noisy...

· Registered
119 Posts
Now is your chance to do some serious sound deadening while they got all that crap out of the way...lol.. Really I would at least ask if you could install a couple layers..
that is a customers car. I’m a technician at Honda. honestly they did a lot to try and quiet cabin noise in the accords compared to older vehicles. They filled a lot of the cavities with foam. Still can hear a lot of road noise tho.

· Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a used 2018 Accord Sport 1.5 at 21500 miles. It does have a weird sound during initial acceleration. My best description will be similar to helicopter propeller sound (less louder of course). It is very obvious once you accelerate the car from the beginning. The volume increases/decrease base on how hard I accelerate. I cannot hear it after 40miles. I am not sure if it's gone or it's covered by the road noise.

I went to two dealerships in my area. Both mechanic did test drive with me. They all told me it's a normal noise. One told me it's how the engine/transmission sound. One told me it's the turbo sound effect.

I've drove many cars. Never experience this before. Is this normal to any of you guys? I hope I can get some feedback from other owner.

· Administrator
2,878 Posts
I just installed a downpipe, front pipe, intercooler, and cold air intake and after test driving it I’m hearing a rattle if i let out the clutch a little bit. Any ideas?
With that many mods/changes at once hard to tell where it's coming from. I would suggest going back and checking all the parts you just installed... make sure all connections are secure, there are no clearance issues with parts installed and other parts. Good luck!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.