2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Wanted to share what happened to me this morning. It has been unusually warm until today. This morning it was 34 degrees or so. I knew I would have to get out and scrape, turn the car's thermo on high to melt the thin layers of ice which formed during the night. What I did not expect is to not be able to open anything but my door. I pressed the fob to get my scraper out of the trunk. I kept hearing two beeps, no trunk opened. I thought maybe it was the fob I was using which was my original one on my key chain. The other being my spare. Still nothing but the beeps, which to me sounded like the beeps the Accord makes if you say leave one of your fobs in the trunk. The beeps and at the same time you are not able to close the trunk. This was the beeps but the trunk would not open.
At some point, I pressed the button inside my vehicle and that opened the trunk. Needless to say I would like to know whether this is just a glitch. A glitch which happens depending on the temp outside and normal. I am going this week for my 15000 maintenance scheduled even though I have nearly maybe 12,500. That reminder driving me nuts because it will keep coming on and you have to keep pressing home to make it go away each time you start the car. I am 15% down on my oil so it is about time for maintenance. Let me know since after 3 years or 36000 miles I am on my own and they won't even look at anything I find wrong with my Accord.

·
Administrator
2,546 Posts
Was wondering if you had an update on your trunk not opening issue? Also could it been a case of there being water/moisture on the rubber gasket of the trunk that had froze and making the trunk stick and later it thawed and that's why when you hit the button inside it worked? :unsure:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts