2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 2.0T Manual

New issue started this weekend. Put the car in reverse and getting a blank screen. Checked the camera and connection and seems good. Car has 800 miles. Checked the owners manual if you can reset or something. Nothing in the book.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to maybe reset?

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think this issue will be fixed simply by a reset/reboot. I suppose you could try disconnecting the battery, but that's going to result in you losing all your settings. Trip the dealer might be the best solution.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hmmm, if it happens again it's best to bring it to the dealership. you shouldn't need to keep disconnecting the battery just to have a working camera.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Could very well be a software issue or something along those lines. Best to let the dealership know about your experience although for now it has been solved.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Solved

Disconnected the battery to do a master system reset. Camera worked right away.

How it started was the first time I used apple car play and used the navigation system. Seems to be a bug in the software.
Please clarify. After disconnecting the battery did you just reconnected it, or reconnected it then select factory data reset from the menus?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well hopefully if its just a software issue, Honda can address it with a patch. At least you've found a work around in the interim. Thanks for the letting us know!

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is a safety recall on the rear camera system. Might as well bring it in for the recall service.

Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
NHTSA #PENDING
Recall #V2F 2018 Accord Rear Camera Safety Recall

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to dealership for oil change and they informed me their was a software update of backup camera. I haven;t been having issues though but maybe this is the issue
for others.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does this notice depend on where your vehicle was manufactured? When I check my VIN # there is no recall for my vehicle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts