2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's weird. I tried to update my Touring 2.0T this afternoon and it told me my system was up to date. What is the manufacture date on your car, Joseph. Mine is March 2018.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What does the update fix or add?
Big news here folks. I just got a call from Honda, I called them about the system update reported on this thread. The woman explained that this was a Safety Recall update which is different from a System Update. She said I should take my car to the dealer for the Recall.

Here is the big part. She said that some problems with the rear camera not working correctly are part of the fix and also the compass and turn by turn directions is also fixed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do we find the manufacturing date?

Tried to update and it says software is up to date.

HondaLink app says Rear Camera software update must be done by the dealer.

Anyway booked an appointment with the dealer on 21 September, 2018 for the 1st service and rear camera software update.

That's weird. I tried to update my Touring 2.0T this afternoon and it told me my system was up to date. What is the manufacture date on your car, Joseph. Mine is March 2018.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Big news here folks. I just got a call from Honda, I called them about the system update reported on this thread. The woman explained that this was a Safety Recall update which is different from a System Update. She said I should take my car to the dealer for the Recall.

Here is the big part. She said that some problems with the rear camera not working correctly are part of the fix and also the compass and turn by turn directions is also fixed.
Thanks for the info... checked the Honda (Owners) website and there are not showing any open "Safety" recalls for my car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the info... checked the Honda (Owners) website and there are not showing any open "Safety" recalls for my car.
Per @doughh, it's a system/software update, not a safety recall. Thus, it won't show up on the Honda Owners website.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where do we find the manufacturing date?

Tried to update and it says software is up to date.

HondaLink app says Rear Camera software update must be done by the dealer.

Anyway booked an appointment with the dealer on 21 September, 2018 for the 1st service and rear camera software update.
The manufacture is on the panel when you open the drivers door next to the tire pressure tag.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Per @doughh, it's a system/software update, not a safety recall. Thus, it won't show up on the Honda Owners website.
He stated he was told it was a "safety" recall...

·
Registered
148 Posts
This showed up on mycarfax which I have started using. It does say a safety recall from Honda, but no further information on the web.

Manufacturer Safety-related recall issued
NHTSA #PENDING
Recall #V2F 2018 Accord Rear Camera Safety Recall

·
Registered
22 Posts
Call from dealer

I got a call from my dealer (NH, US) today to come in for this update.

I was there yesterday for something else. They didn't mention this.

The woman on the phone said it was a 'Nav update'. I told her my car doesn't have Navigation, but she said my name is on the list she was given to call.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got this update this morning.

One thing I thought was odd was that the service guy said that the dealer doesn't just download the update and put it on a USB stick. They have to connect to Honda somewhere over the internet for each car. He said that's why it can take as long as an hour. Mine took about 45 minutes arriving -> leaving.

I was afraid this update would mess with the user settings on the car. As far as I can tell it didn't. It was good to avoid that inconvenience.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A while back on a related Accord forum it was discussed that the lines on the backup camera were not acting correctly. I don't remember the details, but while trying to help, I checked my car and had less options for the lines as well. I had remembered there being more options to select from a week prior.

It was suggested that I do a factory reset of the radio. That did fix it.

Additionally, the HUD display of the compass or navigation occasionally fails to display. A factory reset would probably also fix that. Pulling the battery cable loose for 5-10 minutes resets lots of things including the HUD issue. I located (and have tested twice) that pulling fuse #24 under the hood resets the radio only and seems to fix the HUD issue. I haven't thought to check the back up lines.

Anyway, it's my belief that the recall/update is to fix those two issues at the very least. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer did the safety recall software update today, took about 70 minutes. Head unit has been updated to Audio System 18AA-1945-001. Did notice differences in the back up camera video in the placement of the parking sensor info and noticed a distinct difference in the audio coming out of the radio (much better). Have a Hybrid Touring and for the first time, the Hybrid batter indicator actually got up to 9 bars on the way back from the dealer. The Over the Air update prior to going to dealer showed my system was up to date so only way to install this is from the dealer.

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring with Parking Sensor package.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I received the recall notification yesterday via the Hondalink App . Bringing my vehicle to the dealer on October 6.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dealer did the safety recall software update today, took about 70 minutes. Head unit has been updated to Audio System 18AA-1945-001. Did notice differences in the back up camera video in the placement of the parking sensor info and noticed a distinct difference in the audio coming out of the radio (much better). Have a Hybrid Touring and for the first time, the Hybrid batter indicator actually got up to 9 bars on the way back from the dealer. The Over the Air update prior to going to dealer showed my system was up to date so only way to install this is from the dealer.

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring with Parking Sensor package.
Hi VANomad,
I got mine done on Friday and also see 18AA-1945-001. :)

In the interest of accuracy for the benefit of future readers, I'm going to disagree with your assessment of the update. It's nothing personal and I'm certainly not the absolute authority on this so if someone wants to correct me; please do!

I'm under the impression that there shouldn't be any changes to the operation or sound of the audio. It was defined as a fix for backup camera and HUD glitches only. In some cases the backup camera would not display and/or the navigation in the HUD would not display until the unit was reset. A safety recall as opposed to an OTA update.

What it did do to mine is reset it to factory settings which means that the equalizer, fader, and associated settings are all back to default. Could that be why it sounds different to you?

It also should not have had an effect the camera appearance. Maybe there too a "view" has been reset to default.

I have no experience with the hybrid settings and screens. Perhaps those too have been adjusted. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
My recall was performed today. What a pain in the ass. I had to re-pair my phone; send a refresh signal from siriusxm; reprogram EVERY **** ONE of the driver configurable settings. And, my nav system was zeroed out and every saved destination is lost. I should have just waited to see if the problem ever actually occurred in my car. Instead, I wanted to clear off the big red "recall" banner glaring at me on the hondalink app, and easily got 2 or 3 hours of time spent reconstructing everything. THANKS FOR NOTHING HONDA!! ****.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts