2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if all the Accords are getting a lot exhaust dust on the rear ended lmk just wondering if it’s normal or is it running rich lmk thanks

·
Registered
904 Posts
Totally Covered in Road Film and way more then I have seen on Other Vehicles , still say the Mirrors are to Freaking Big , would be Nice to hear from the Rear Spoiler Guys . .

So much road Film that Car Wash with Tire Cleaning Agent had to be Used and still didn't get it all , must be Soft Cloth Removed & Soft Sponge . . 1 Yr. Warranty Wax just 3 Months ago ..
Washed all Off Week ago , so it seems these Last Rains had some sort of Pollution - was almost like Smoke from Forest Fire . . Ash Stuck On _ in Eastern Tn . . We just had a Earth Quack
but that Had Nothing to do with Road Film - Heavy on Rear of Car . .

·
Registered
904 Posts
Don't seem to be running Rich , but I will say the Exhaust does back up into the Truck , If Your Carrying anything where the Trunk must be ajar some ( Fast )

Had to Run Fan On 3-4 Notches up to Keep from Passing Out ..

Camera gets Completely Covered - with Rain Drops in View - Blocking also , but this Nasty Dust - Sticking On Heavy - seemed to be on Sides also
Hence My Thought on Forest Fires and Weather Pattern that had just come through from that Direction .. Hopping .. If that's Not it - Dam going to have Have Spoiler
or Something . . It certainly is Heavier then Other Vesicles I have driven in this Area ..

·
Administrator
2,559 Posts
It would be interesting to see the Accord in a wind tunnel w/smoke blowing around it. My guess is there is a dead space/air on the back bumper area and that is why dust/dirt is settling on it.

·
Administrator
2,559 Posts
Yep, this is a difficult car to own in black. It's dirty after 3 days tops.
Yes it is... I try to give mine a bath once a week (if not more) and have a California Duster that I use to keep the dust/pollen off it. Also use Chemical Guys products for detailing... they have some specific products for black cars.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you go thru a carwash and the roads are dusty dirty you get bad water spots.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Lower Rear Valance or Better Rear Spoiler Diffuser would be of Help , Possibly with better Exhaust exits ..

Something going on need to Follow 2018 on Highway at Speed in Light Mist or Wet Road - Maybe someone could Film that in Slo-Mo . .

As Far as Bad Water Spots the Paint I have seen that had those was due to Factory - Parking these Outside with Fresh Paint - I - have Not seen any Paint Protection
Applied as Volvo , BMW's do , but a lot of those are being shipped across the Atlantic .. is # Series Being Built over here ? , and has any one Note the White Protection Sheets
on Those .. ( I Have Not seen any on Honda's ) Maybe they should be Parked under a Roof of some sort for at Least week - Till the Paint Fully Hardens . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts