2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone else having issues with the rear middle seat belt fluttering?

I like to drive with the windows open when the weather is nice. If I drive with the front windows and sunroof open, all is fine, but if I add the rear windows, the middle seat belt vibrates and flutters and makes quite an annoying noise. It happens at about 40-50 km/h and up (25-30 mph).

I tried adjusting the clasp on the belt and that didn't change things.

I could probably put the belt in its receptacle (like someone's wearing it) but I'd rather not, in case I have a passenger that needs to wear it.

Any ideas? Anyone else noticed this, or is it just in my car?

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
520 Posts
Sorry, I haven't noticed anything like that (I usually have only the front side windows open). If clicking it into place does the trick, it seems to me that it would only take a second to unclick it (how often do you have a 5th passenger or someone who just prefers the middle, haha)?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi,

Anyone else having issues with the rear middle seat belt fluttering?

I like to drive with the windows open when the weather is nice. If I drive with the front windows and sunroof open, all is fine, but if I add the rear windows, the middle seat belt vibrates and flutters and makes quite an annoying noise. It happens at about 40-50 km/h and up (25-30 mph).

I tried adjusting the clasp on the belt and that didn't change things.

I could probably put the belt in its receptacle (like someone's wearing it) but I'd rather not, in case I have a passenger that needs to wear it.

Any ideas? Anyone else noticed this, or is it just in my car?
I'm the exact way and summer time love driving with all windows down or at least front windows and sunroof open. I noticed it as well and ended up buckling up the middle seat as no one sits there.

Also it only happens when I don't have my kids tall booster seats in. Must be the way the air flows against the back seats. With their seats in there is no flutter.

·
Registered
'20 Sport 2.0T 6MT, Still Night Pearl. '07 EX-L I4/Nav sold.
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh. I could fold the rear seats down (didn't think of that), but then the stuff in the trunk is less well protected. Not an issue most of the time, though.

I also haven't tried lowering the armrest in the back seat. It might change the air flow. At least, I assume there is an arm rest back there; there was in my '07. (Did some Googling... looks like there is. :) ) (Obviously we don't use the back seat much, either.)

It's turned chilly so it won't be open-window weather here for a little while, but I'll test when it warms up again in a few days...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.