2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the current diameter of the Accord touring rear sway bar? and if there are any recommended aftermarket replacement? I want to make the car feel sportier while still in Drive mode.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is an update:
2.0T Sport, EX-L and Touring and 1.5T Touring: Rear Stabilizer is 16.5mm solid.

1.5T LX, EX, and EX-L: Rear Stabilizer is 16.0mm solid.

I found this on google; Eibach Sway Bar Kit (Anti-Roll Kit) 22mm thickness. Has anyone upgraded their rear sway bar? I know this was a sufficient improvement in the previous gen accord.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rear sway bars have always been solid, NOT tubular. The front sway bars are usually tubular and hollow. Tubular ones are going to flex more than a solid one. I have auto-x for many years and have tried both. That was a mistake. I would never upgrade the Rear to anything but a solid sway bar.

Whoever comes out with a solid bar for the rear will have my business.

Now it's very possible that Eibach came out with a tubular one because the rear subframe could not handle a solid bar, but I highly doubt it because they could add bracket to reinforce the mounting points on the subframe. So they do it for cost savings which I don't agree with..

BTW, this is just my personal preference and my opinion from my experience. You don't have to agree with it.

Harry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts