2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't own an Accord. Never have. Never would. But only because I prefer the compact segment. Anywho...

Why didn't Honda color match that trunk panel? It's a gorgeous car, but that off white, or off red, or off blue trunk panel annoys my eyeballs. Why did they do that?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hmm. This is the first model I've seen with such a visible difference in color. A lot of things could have factored into this including what batch this car was apart of. Paint correction is a fairly typical thing done by new owners anyways.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The panel in question is plastic while the rest of the trunk is metal. There is always going to be a shade difference between two different materials (ie; fenders to bumpers) and shades of white typically always show the worst. With that said, my Still Night blue is a shade off as well, but I really don't care.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
The panel in question is plastic while the rest of the trunk is metal. There is always going to be a shade difference between two different materials (ie; fenders to bumpers) and shades of white typically always show the worst. With that said, my Still Night blue is a shade off as well, but I really don't care.
Agreed... I've noticed the shade difference in those materials also (metal/plastic/etc.). Also if you have ever had any paint done on a vehicle a reputable body shop will tell you there might be a slight shade difference between those materials.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hmm, Interesting ... The OP joined this board to complain about a car he'd never buy (even if the paint job was perfect)!

·
Registered
169 Posts
It was strictly a troll post...Probably a Toyota Camry owner.

..Or worse, a Ford Focus ST owner given "his" name.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts