2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have not in the past gotten involved with suspension.
I purchased a new Accord 1.5t EX a few years back.
Steering response was dull and tedious, so I am attempting to remedy that.
I just installed a DC Sports front tower bar. I m waiting for the Whiteline 22mm
rear sway to arrive to replace the stock rear sway. I really don't want to get into the
front sway bar situation. So I am hoping this will suffice.

Will these two modifications provide improved handling with good balanced behavior?
I appreciate your opinions.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi, I have not in the past gotten involved with suspension.
I purchased a new Accord 1.5t EX a few years back.
Steering response was dull and tedious, so I am attempting to remedy that.
I just installed a DC Sports front tower bar. I m waiting for the Whiteline 22mm
rear sway to arrive to replace the stock rear sway. I really don't want to get into the
front sway bar situation. So I am hoping this will suffice.

Will these two modifications provide improved handling with good balanced behavior?
I appreciate your opinions.

Thanks for your time.
If you don't want to get into the front sway bar, then anything else past the two bars you've listed, are much more involved to install than that. After that point you're basically talking about bushings springs shocks, things that need to be disassembled and put back together, And usually require an alignment after done.

·
Registered
Lunar Silver 2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
265 Posts
I’m pretty happy with my Accords handling. I have everything you have plus H&R 1.2 inch springs. Also bigger and wider rims and tires. Car corners very well and feels very planted.

Reactions: Vegashybrid

·
Registered
590 Posts
I’m pretty happy with my Accords handling. I have everything you have plus H&R 1.2 inch springs. Also bigger and wider rims and tires. Car corners very well and feels very planted.
Agreed. To me the car just needs the 22mm rsb. The wider rims and tires are always nice, but when I'm using my stock rims, doesn't make as big a difference as when swapping to my aftermarket set compared to the difference the rsb makes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. To me the car just needs the 22mm rsb. The wider rims and tires are always nice, but when I'm using my stock rims, doesn't make as big a difference as when swapping to my aftermarket set compared to the difference the rsb makes.
Thanks to both for your input. I hope to receive the rsb sometime this week. I have been looking at the process. It seems straight forward. I plan to jack the rear center point until the wheels begin to unload, hopefully to avoid pre-stressing the bar. If that doesn't provide enough access then things will have to go up. Will be paying close attention to how the oem is oriented.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You need jack stands as well! Never get under a vehicle solely supported by a jack. Gonna have a bad day mkay!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the arrival of the Whiteline rear sway bar the install began. Getting the car high enough to place the jack stands was a bit challenging. All the nuts and bolts came off the existing bar without trouble. Extracting the original bar was not happening. Lying on my back twisting and turning the thing was fruitless. What I learned was it is far better to start the project by removing the wheels and the coil springs. After the springs came out everything was simple. Hope this saves someone some trouble.

·
Registered
590 Posts
With the arrival of the Whiteline rear sway bar the install began. Getting the car high enough to place the jack stands was a bit challenging. All the nuts and bolts came off the existing bar without trouble. Extracting the original bar was not happening. Lying on my back twisting and turning the thing was fruitless. What I learned was it is far better to start the project by removing the wheels and the coil springs. After the springs came out everything was simple. Hope this saves someone some trouble.
All you needed to do is remove the exhaust from the hangers to get enough room to remove the rear sway bar. Removing the wheels and spring was not necessary. Cheers.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 1.5T CVT
9 Posts
I installed the Progress RSB on my 2020 and it makes the handling so much better. You can snake the original bar out when you remove the exhaust hanger there but it takes a bunch of manuvering to figure out how to pull it out. I stripped the post on the connecting link trying to torque to spec and had to buy a new one. The service manual says that all the nuts and bolts on the connecting links are single use only... So that might have been the problem.

Anyway best of luck with the install! It's gonna handle great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts