2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did anyone else get the recall for the body control module?? It just came up on my HondaLink app. View attachment 5418
I also got that notification yesterday night in the honda link app. I am in Vancouver and bought a 2018 accord touring 1.5L just a couple of days before the recall notice. Couldn't find anymore information online anywhere about the recall

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
2020 touring
Ok, same trim as mine but newer model year. Still nothing showing on my car.
I also got that notification yesterday night in the honda link app. I am in Vancouver and bought a 2018 accord touring 1.5L just a couple of days before the recall notice. Couldn't find anymore information online anywhere about the recall
Interesting that both of you are from/in Canada... wonder if this is specific to something in the Canadian cars. :unsure:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was just going to ask about this. I have an American 2020 Touring. I received a carfax alert based on VIN. Honda website has nothing and no messages on HondaLink app...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Reactions: Daniel776

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice find. Looks like an ultra-rare software issue involving CANBUS AND Body Control Module communication.
I'll get it done w the oil change I suppose.
I recently did the remote start hack for my Honda Accord 2019 LX, i.e. used a higher trim fob and paired it with my vehicle to get remote start. Any idea if this software update would invalidate/reverse it? First car and not knowledgeable, so any insight would be helpful!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently did the remote start hack for my Honda Accord 2019 LX, i.e. used a higher trim fob and paired it with my vehicle to get remote start. Any idea if this software update would invalidate/reverse it? First car and not knowledgeable, so any insight would be helpful!
No way to know. It's unlikely IMO.

Reactions: djknas

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had my appointment today at my dealer. They knew about the recall and got it done. Attached is the part from my paperwork about the recall.

My service rep said some of the issues are to do with the setting “walk away auto lock.” Apparently in the cold temperatures some people were finding out the car doesn’t lock when they walked away and when they came back to the car the next morning the doors were still unlocked. When Honda looked into the issue they found the error in the BCM software.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had my appointment today at my dealer. They knew about the recall and got it done. Attached is the part from my paperwork about the recall.

My service rep said some of the issues are to do with the setting “walk away auto lock.” Apparently in the cold temperatures some people were finding out the car doesn’t lock when they walked away and when they came back to the car the next morning the doors were still unlocked. When Honda looked into the issue they found the error in the BCM software.
Thank you. Hopefully I can get my appointment soon. Do you know how long it took roughly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you. Hopefully I can get my appointment soon. Do you know how long it took roughly
the recall would have taken about a hour but I was also getting the TSB done for the rear rattle when playing music with bass and rear mud flaps installed. Overall I was there 3.5 hours.

the TSB for rear rattle noise fixed the rattle. Service rep also said that next step would be to replace the rear deck with a new one for free if the rattle comes back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the recall would have taken about a hour but I was also getting the TSB done for the rear rattle when playing music with bass and rear mud flaps installed. Overall I was there 3.5 hours.

the TSB for rear rattle noise fixed the rattle. Service rep also said that next step would be to replace the rear deck with a new one for free if the rattle comes back.
Hi - I'm new here (and new 2018 Touring owner). Did they give you any pushback about this (like make you reproduce the rattle first)? And is it only free if you're still under warranty? My factory warranty expired last month.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi - I'm new here (and new 2018 Touring owner). Did they give you any pushback about this (like make you reproduce the rattle first)? And is it only free if you're still under warranty? My factory warranty expired last month.
Hi, no there was zero pushback from the dealership. I mentioned there was a TSB out for the rattle since April 2019. They said they would look it up and look in to the issue. Afterwards they confirmed there was a rattle and they applied foam to the rear deck panel like the TSB says to do. Service rep said that if the rattle comes back than the next step is to replace the rear deck panel with a new one. I checked online and it seems the dealer may charge you if your out of factory warranty, seems to be up to the dealership to decide that. Just let them know its TSB A19-044

Also below is a link to where to find all the information to TSB and recalls for this Generation of the Accord. I printed the TSB from that page and took a copy with me to show the service tech but he said they know about the TSB and didn't need to show him it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.