2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for a good windshield sun shade?

I have a 2.0T Touring and read somewhere that the area around the rearview mirror/camera area is a little different depending on the model and can affect proper fit... not sure if there is truth in that comment.

Especially with the HUD "cut-out" and glass enclosure in the dashboard, I'd rather be safe than sorry and protect the dash, etc., from the summer heat.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
WeatherTech makes a great product. The only issue is it’s a bit more of a nuisance to handle being one piece.

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
X2 on WeatherTech (that's what I have).

OP you are correct in there being two different sizes due to the size of the rearview mirror. WeatherTech has pictures of both that you can view and match up to your mirror. If I remember correctly on mine it was the large but if you go w/WeatherTech take a look at the pics they offer to determine what size you need.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
X2 on WeatherTech (that's what I have).

OP you are correct in there being two different sizes due to the size of the rearview mirror. WeatherTech has pictures of both that you can view and match up to your mirror. If I remember correctly on mine it was the large but if you go w/WeatherTech take a look at the pics they offer to determine what size you need.
Does this look like the one you ordered? Large sensor... https://www.weathertech.com/honda/2018/accord/techshade/accord-sensor/large-sensor/

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Fired00d!... just ordered the WeatherTech...

Now to decide on the all-weather floor mats and truck mat... Honda or WeatherTech... I'm leasing it now, but may purchase at end of lease (so may be worth the extra cost)... hmmmm.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
My car came with the Honda trunk mat. It was as slick as ice. The plastic bins I keep in the trunk slid all over the place even with the CargoTech blocks. The WT mat is also slick but less so. It works with their CargoTech system better than the Honda mat did. I wish it had a little more grip but it's definitely better. Now any movement is a millimeter or two not a foot or more.

https://www.weathertech.com/cargotech/

·
Super Moderator
1,743 Posts
Thanks Fired00d!... just ordered the WeatherTech...

Now to decide on the all-weather floor mats and truck mat... Honda or WeatherTech... I'm leasing it now, but may purchase at end of lease (so may be worth the extra cost)... hmmmm.
You're welcome

I got the Honda all-weather floor mats at time of purchase however after looking at them compared to WeatherTech's I like some things better of the WeatherTech's… WeatherTech's provide better protection on the sides and rear than the Honda branded ones, however I like the fact that the Honda rear are two piece and don't cover the middle hump. For me it's easier to get the rear ones out to clean under them w/them being two-piece.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had my windshield tinted when I did the rest of the windows. Being that it’s the windshield, I did very little privacy tint, so it looks clear in comparison to the other windows. The heat rejection is as good as a windshield cover without the hassle. I’ve used them and they work, but the tint made it simple. Suntek cxp at 70% is what I had installed.
Weather tech mats installed as well, they were the best option after seeing them all.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
just received the WeatherTech. Fits perfectly. Make sure to note the type of rear view mirror you have before ordering.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Be careful you don't go too dark in covering the sensors and camera behind the top of the windshield, you may affect the sensors ability to function properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased these.

Solar Eclipse Windshield Sun Shade UV Protection for Auto Interior, Fold-Unfold, Upright and Lightweight (63x34- Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9QVD0K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KcjKBbENH1V47

They're not as insulated as the more expensive ones, but they take up virtually no useful room in my car once folded (slides right between the seat and center console) and they still protect the dash just as good. The fact that it uses a combination of the old wire folding design and adds in protective fabric connecting the two pieces is perfect for our cars. I noticed that the rearview mirror is not centered and instead slightly closer to the driver. Having this style accounts for that and if you tuck in the extra fabric on around the edges of the window and also wrap it around the rearview mirror post, you can get complete coverage of the windshield. Not even a faint ray of light shines through. I used to use custom fit windshield protectors but I got tired of having this bulky item to carelessly toss in the trunk or backseat every time I get in my car. They never did keep my car any cooler either. I mean, in South Texas in the summer, it doesn't matter what kind you use, your car will be undescribably hot and a few degrees difference won't matter.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I use Weathertech. Perfect fit. A bit cumbersome to fold up, but works great. If you are getting your windows tinted, consider "Air 80".I had my windshield tinted with this clear tint, and it's amazing on how much cooler the car is. Even with windows tinted, there's a lot of heat that comes in through the windshield.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I use Weathertech. Perfect fit. A bit cumbersome to fold up, but works great. If you are getting your windows tinted, consider "Air 80".I had my windshield tinted with this clear tint, and it's amazing on how much cooler the car is. Even with windows tinted, there's a lot of heat that comes in through the windshield.
Yeah, I went with the WeatherTech. Love the fit and quality too, but like you mentioned it is a pain to roll/fold up when inside the car. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts