2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that I took my Accord 2.0T Touring to the dealership regarding my continuous rough shifting from 2-3 gear. They kept it from Friday until yesterday (Tuesday afternoon). Initially they tried the whole "it's performing as usual" at which point I physically went to the dealership and demanded the technician go for a ride with me. He said he knew what I was referring to but he didn't see anything on his tech line forum. I asked him if he had seen the OnePACK video about the RDX 10-Speed exhibiting the exact same problem and he didn't even know what OnePACK was. I pulled up the video and played it for him while we drove around. Finally he realized I wasn't a typical not-well-informed owner so he agreed to follow the procedure for submitting a case through tech line. I got a call yesterday from them advising they had performed the C3 clutch break in procedure and it had drastically improved the shift quality and speed. I picked her up last night and she was definitely improved. Not going to say it is perfect now, but it's **** near perfect shifts. None of the delay and NVH when it finally decided slam into gear. If you have the rough 1-2 or 2-3 shift issue, I strongly recommend you pressure your dealership to follow this procedure. The OnePack video can be found here (http://www.kaltura.com/index.php/ex...nf_id/33480282/entry_id/0_0weknge7/embed/auto). Hope this helps someone else!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Appreciate the info and glad to hear that your dealer was able to find a solution. Proves that you just can't rely on the 'expertise' of techs to address your concerns these days. It's a shame that the problem is also affecting the new RDX because I'll admit it seems to be a lot of car for the money.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the 2.0T Touring (10 speed auto), I'm not sure if my car is affected... how can I check? also, is this break in procedure something we can do ourselves?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the 2.0T Touring (10 speed auto), I'm not sure if my car is affected... how can I check? also, is this break in procedure something we can do ourselves?
So do i. I haven't noticed this issue and i assume the issue is obvious. I have about 1,500 miles on the car so far.

I really like my '19 2.0 touring. Absolutely no issues... so far.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So do i. I haven't noticed this issue and i assume the issue is obvious. I have about 1,500 miles on the car so far.

I really like my '19 2.0 touring. Absolutely no issues... so far.
If you have no rough shifting and no issues, then your transmission does not have this condition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New member here and I have this same issue with my 2020 2.0T Sport. I took it to the dealer that I got my car from and of course they said that this is normal operation. Should I raise the issue with the service manager?

·
Registered
65 Posts
New member here and I have this same issue with my 2020 2.0T Sport. I took it to the dealer that I got my car from and of course they said that this is normal operation. Should I raise the issue with the service manager?
Yes. Hopefully you did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts