2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. So I did a single side bolt-on muffler delete on the driver side of my 2021 2.0 (I heard dual delete causes a lot of drone) and I put a PRL front pipe on. It’s easily 50% louder and 50% deeper over stock (which isn’t saying much) with no drone so I’m 75% happy, but the resonators confuse me.

Obviously I don’t want drone, or very much of it (some is tolerable), but a little more volume from the exhaust note would be nice. I know I can’t delete both resonators or it’ll become a drone machine, but what about one of them? The big one? Small one? Delete both and get a Vibrant? I don’t even know the difference between the two on the car now but if I don’t “need” them both and can remove one while increasing exhaust note but not much drone I’ll do it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
560 Posts
So I went ahead and deleted both mufflers on an otherwise stock exhaust system and the only time I really hear my exhaust is under heavy acceleration or with the windows down. Normal around town driving its hardly noticeable. The only real "drone" I have is if I'm engine braking with higher RPMs on downshits (I drive a 6MT) other than that I can cruise on the highway at 80 and with music or talking at a normal volume you'd never know I had no mufflers. You'll probably get less drone deleting the second muffler than the resonator but it's hard to say definitively because I don't have any other FP/DP mods or anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.