2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So having my snows on gave me a chance to get my one rim that had curb rash fixed. When I went to pick it up, I marveled at how perfect the repair was, only to realize they had given me a different Honda rim. Same 19" size but totally different! I showed the guy a picture I had taken while I shopped the repair and they will send it back. I think it was off a '17 model. Looking at it though, it looked better than the SPORT wheels in the way the rim was set back from the rubber. The SPORT's rims are sticking out just asking for some curb rash!

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's why from day one I've said the tire should've been 245/40R19s or 255. :crying: I would like the latter.

·
Registered
71 Posts
These 19" wheels are a poor design as far as allowing curb rash. They look good but wish the tire stuck out more than the wheel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is why I bought $120/ea (6 spoke wheels) from TireRack and put on Michelin X-Ice snows in 17 inch size (listed as alt for the Accord on Tire Rack). This gave me an additional 1” sidewalk height for winter driving. Total wheel/tire height was equal to stock 19”!

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
That's why from day one I've said the tire should've been 245/40R19s or 255. :crying: I would like the latter.
Would this size tire be compatible w/stock rims... IE: no rubbing, speedo errors, TPMS errors, etc.?

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is why I bought $120/ea (6 spoke wheels) from TireRack and put on Michelin X-Ice snows in 17 inch size (listed as alt for the Accord on Tire Rack). This gave me an additional 1” sidewalk height for winter driving. Total wheel/tire height was equal to stock 19”!
Did this effect your speedometer?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did this effect your speedometer?
Would depend on the change (if any) of the outer diameter of the tire. Sounds like he kept it consistent when he swapped tire sizes. There are a couple of great tire size comparison tools you can google. Stick in the numbers and it will give you any/all differences in every dimension, as well as a picture comparison.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did the same with my winter wheels/tires.... sort of. I went slightly narrower on the tire from stock size, but I dropped to a 6.5” wide steel wheel so it gave me some sidewall cushion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts