2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I heard this for the first time on my 2020 HAH touring today. My car has less than 600 miles. It sounded like the sound was originating from my driver’s side door speaker. I was driving approx 45 mph when the sound presented. I don’t know if it’s connected but my HUD’s compass and turn by turn navigation directions are missing (I’m aware there’s a thread regarding this issue).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had this same issue with my 2018 Hybrid EX-L for over one year. There have been multiple visits to the dealer for the problem over the year. At the one year mark I took it in and said "I WANT IT FIXED!!" Got it back with the same old BS — "the factory is still working on the fix." Well, the factory is NOT working on a fix. I'm just being handed BS every time I take it in.

I have a scangauge hooked up, and the problem is at 52 to 53 mph with the ICE running, and between 1920 and 1940 rpm ICE. At this point, after a year of BS, I am thoroughly pissed.

My previous Accord was a new 1988 model. Built like a fine watch. This thing thirty years later is a shame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it like this in the recording? I heard something too. The rattling noise happened between 1:50 and 2:10. I placed my phone under the driver floor.
That is the same sound that I get on my 2019 Hybrid which I just brought into the dealer for the second time. The first time, they could not replicate so I am hopeful they can figure out what the issue is this time around.

Just curious, how fast were you going when the car made that noise? I notice mine when beginning to accelerate from a stopped position (switching from EV to gas). Everyone on this thread mentions at a faster speed, but I notice mine at a much slower speed.

8 Posts
I have the same roaring sound at 52mph. Honda USA says no reported issues but me. I have informed them of this and other websites. I took a drive with a tech from Tarrytown Honda in Westchester NY where I bought the car. He will be researching the issue. I informed him of all of the info on this site, the opening of the window, etc... I will report back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guys Honda knows about it and either is unwilling or unable to implement a solution. This is a software/firmware integration clusterF.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is the same sound that I get on my 2019 Hybrid which I just brought into the dealer for the second time. The first time, they could not replicate so I am hopeful they can figure out what the issue is this time around.

Just curious, how fast were you going when the car made that noise? I notice mine when beginning to accelerate from a stopped position (switching from EV to gas). Everyone on this thread mentions at a faster speed, but I notice mine at a much slower speed.
The roar is not due to the vehicle speed. It's due to the ICE RPM. It peaks when the ICE is between about 1920 and 1940 RPM. When the (gearless) clutch is engaged that translates to 52 or 53 MPH. The roar may occur anytime the ICE gets around 1920 to 1940 RPM regardless of vehicle speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard this for the first time on my 2020 HAH touring today. My car has less than 600 miles. It sounded like the sound was originating from my driver’s side door speaker. I was driving approx 45 mph when the sound presented. I don’t know if it’s connected but my HUD’s compass and turn by turn navigation directions are missing (I’m aware there’s a thread regarding this issue).
I guess we all need to hire a Law firm to make Honda understand that the problem is there and after you 30k is not acceptable to have that noise when you drive. ANY RECOMENDATIONS ON A LAW FIRM THAT LIKE TO go after Honda?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a new 2019 HAH and have the similar issue. It happens mostly when the car is cruising at 52-53mph and the engine is driving the car directly.

1920 to 1940 rpm is 32hz. This is almost exactly 1/4 of the 124HZ that W8NONU observed.

Is there anyway to disable the ANC completely?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nope..

We have a new 2019 HAH and have the similar issue. It happens mostly when the car is cruising at 52-53mph and the engine is driving the car directly.

1920 to 1940 rpm is 32hz. This is almost exactly 1/4 of the 124HZ that W8NONU observed.

Is there anyway to disable the ANC completely?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also, the speed of sound is 343 m/s. so 124 hz noise got the wave length of 343/124 or 2.77 meter. This is almost exactly the distance between the bottom of the front windshield and back windows. So standing wave harmonics played a role in this as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This actually gives me an idea. If the standing wave did play a role, we should try to break the standing wave. We can put some sound absorbing material such as pillows or stuffed animals between back seat headrest and the back windows. I will try it tomorrow to see if it helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't have the opportunity to test the standing wave theory.

Brought the car to the dealer and they fixed. They order 2 new ANC microphones, part number 39210-TV1-A01. Apparently the insulation foam on the old microphones are damaged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
starting to hear a roaring noise from car. Its very random, only last for a short time and seems to only occur between 30 - plus 50 MPH. Dealer didn't find anything since it didn't make the noise on their test drive. Anyone have ideas or similar issue? Noise started at the 2000 mile point. 2018 Accord Hybrid Touring
I had the same issue with my 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. The issue has been resolved now- after months of this issue.

Noise Cancellation system issue. The dealer needed to be essentially led by hand to find a fix.
They reflashed my Vehicles center/audio software.
I also had the rubber seal for the driver side door (the thin strip that connects close to the rear door).
Overtime getting in and out of the car, with the seat sitting so low, We are not noticing that our arms we are not noticing that our shoulders or forearms are rubbing against that material which can wear it.

I asked the dealer to install another rubber strip and reinstalled my software and the issue was finally resolved. Just resetting the software through the touch screen will not fix it.

The android-based software the vehicle uses, I think is the problem.

Sometimes the system will act wonky, and essentially will force you to do a reset. But after the dealership reinstalled my software the drowning noise went away.

8 Posts
Tarrytown Honda replaced the microphone and the roaring is about 10 percent less. They have opened a complaint/ticket with Honda USA. Has everyone made their dealers contact Honda USA? 32k for a noisemakers. If I could return/replace for the camry hybrid, I would. This is my third and last Accord unless they fix the problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I started this thread and to date my accord hybrid has been in for the dealer to fix tthis problem multiple time. noise canceling microphones checked, wiring harnesses for the microphones checked and replaced, speaker in door replaced, wires and connectors behind dash checked. Every time they tell me pick it up and as soon as I hit the magic 52 MPH after leaving he dealership the noise is still there. Dealer just keeps saying he'll pass up to Honda. Think this many of us would get heard. I tell them about all of this and nothing getting fixed. Anyone brought up lawsuit to Honda? Not sure one would do anything but if it was a bunch of us .... maybe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
PS this is Honda BS that they don't know about it and no ones complaining. This forum is proof that multiple owners are experiencing this same issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,132 Posts
I started this thread and to date my accord hybrid has been in for the dealer to fix tthis problem multiple time. noise canceling microphones checked, wiring harnesses for the microphones checked and replaced, speaker in door replaced, wires and connectors behind dash checked. Every time they tell me pick it up and as soon as I hit the magic 52 MPH after leaving he dealership the noise is still there. Dealer just keeps saying he'll pass up to Honda. Think this many of us would get heard. I tell them about all of this and nothing getting fixed. Anyone brought up lawsuit to Honda? Not sure one would do anything but if it was a bunch of us .... maybe.
PS this is Honda BS that they don't know about it and no ones complaining. This forum is proof that multiple owners are experiencing this same issue.
My suggestion to those affected by this w/out it being resolved is to contact corporate and open a claim. Once done report back here with the date and claim number. This would allow others to reference those claims when they contact corporate and also if it came to it using that information to report it to NHTSA. Good luck to all w/this issue.

Honda Automobile Customer Service, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

800-999-1009

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
Mail Stop 100-5E-8A
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

hondacertified.com

Monday - Friday
0600 - 1700
Pacific Time

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
My suggestion to those affected by this w/out it being resolved is to contact corporate and open a claim. Once done report back here with the date and claim number. This would allow others to reference those claims when they contact corporate and also if it came to it using that information to report it to NHTSA. Good luck to all w/this issue.

Honda Automobile Customer Service, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

800-999-1009

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
Mail Stop 100-5E-8A
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

hondacertified.com

Monday - Friday
0600 - 1700
Pacific Time
Need to know who to contact to start this process. I've contacted customer service an all they will give me is a case #. Latest case # is - 10192728. Started taking our honda in 3 months after we purchased it new. It has been in a total of 6 times for same issue. Its been in dealer for repair for over 30 days. Thanks for the feedback on filing a claim. I intend to do just that once I find out how.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts