2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
Need to know who to contact to start this process. I've contacted customer service an all they will give me is a case #. Latest case # is - 10192728. Started taking our honda in 3 months after we purchased it new. It has been in a total of 6 times for same issue. Its been in dealer for repair for over 30 days. Thanks for the feedback on filing a claim. I intend to do just that once I find out how.
If you are speaking of NHTSA when you mention "Need to know who to contact" there should be contact information on their webpage. Since you've had your car in for repair several times for the same thing along w/contacting customer service, and it has been at dealer for 30 days you may want to look into the Lemon Laws for your state.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
will check the NHTSA site. Seems the lemon law track is where I'm headed unless someone other than Honda's CS every contacts me to discuss an amenable solution.
Thanks for feedback.

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
You're welcome. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

8 Posts
My 52 mph roaring noise is back in full force. I have a Honda USA complaint number. I am going to contact kbb and Edmunds to warn all potential buyers to stay away from this car unless they enjoy roaring noises at 52 mph.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Have a case # 10190194 where I have formally request a refund on on my 2018 accord hybrid for this issue.
PS unplug the ANC you don't bluetooth (not an option for hands free phone use) nor is keeping the window open so you don't hear he noise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have a case # 10190194 where I have formally request a refund on on my 2018 accord hybrid for this issue.
PS unplug the ANC you don't bluetooth (not an option for hands free phone use) nor is keeping the window open so you don't hear he noise.
If you Google you can see how to keep Bluetooth and disable ANC. They are not going to issue you a refund for a noise lol. It is not a safety or mechanical issue that effects anything like that, so it's not considered a lemon either(it's called a substantial defect). Have the dealership unplug your anc so that the Bluetooth still works and be done with it. Enjoy the vehicle until they replace your Bluetooth module/fix the issue, or sell it if it bothers you that much. Every manufacturer has issues like this regardless of how much the vehicle costs. There are tons of people with stereo upgrades that have their anc unplugged with no other functionality lost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Refund. Don't know until you ask. Have to try. Disagree that the noise is not an issue. It was so loud first time I heard it I almost ran off the road. Thought it was a truck in next lane about to hit me. Maybe if enought of us band together we could get a lawyer to take on a class action. Maybe?

Thanks for ANC info. Will let dealer know about how to disable ANC and keep blue tooth if refund route doesn't bear fruit. Honda hasn't said for sure that the ANC is the problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can disagree all you want that doesn't change the letter of the law:
"A substantial defect is a problem—not caused by the owner's use of the car after purchase—that impairs the car's use, value or safety." It does none of those things. Lemon law cases are very very difficult to win. I have a friend who has issues with the entertainment system and their Alpha Gulia that thought they had a case as well.
From the other threads I have read the issue is the Bluetooth control module not the ANC but since the two systems are tied together, hence the problem. Good luck with your dealership.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Thanks. Didn't know your were a lawyer. My claim will be that it does impair the value and safety of the car. Would you pay me full price for a car I told you had a roaring noise at 52 MPH I think not.

I'm sure it will be an uphill battle with Honda. Someone's got to start the ball rolling or honda will roll over all of us who paid good money for this car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
At very least, if honda does nothing is to start adding my two cents review to every site I can find. Will give them some time as there is a case open. Want to see what they come back and say first. Haven't really followed thread of late. Wondering if the owners of 2020s are having this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At very least, if honda does nothing is to start adding my two cents review to every site I can find. Will give them some time as there is a case open. Want to see what they come back and say first. Haven't really followed thread of late. Wondering if the owners of 2020s are having this problem.
I just got a 2020 hybrid accord touring in MD, and I have experienced similar issue. The speed range when the issue is noticeable is at 52mph, and also the driving mode is gas engine driving the wheels and charging the battery at the same time. I will keep monitoring this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2020 HAH and I'm experiencing the roaring issue that has been described. Seems to happen around the 52MPH mentioned and seems to be when the engine is locked up with drivetrain.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got a 2020 hybrid accord touring in MD, and I have experienced similar issue. The speed range when the issue is noticeable is at 52mph, and also the driving mode is gas engine driving the wheels and charging the battery at the same time. I will keep monitoring this issue.
There is no situation like this. If the gas engine is driving the wheels it's disengaged from everything else and really only happens when ypumhave the pedal floored. Can you be more specific.
I have a 2020 HAH and I'm experiencing the roaring issue that has been described. Seems to happen around the 52MPH mentioned and seems to be when the engine is locked up with drivetrain.
Not sure what you mean as well. Are you saying under lighter throttle when the gas engine is charging the battery so you see both green and blue on the power flow chart?
What trim level are the both of you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is no situation like this. If the gas engine is driving the wheels it's disengaged from everything else and really only happens when ypumhave the pedal floored. Can you be more specific.

Not sure what you mean as well. Are you saying under lighter throttle when the gas engine is charging the battery so you see both green and blue on the power flow chart?

Mine is Touring. Check out this explanation of the HAH drive system. There are times when the engine is driving the front wheels directly and that seems to be when this noise happens.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine is Touring. Check out this explanation of the HAH drive system. There are times when the engine is driving the front wheels directly and that seems to be when this noise happens.

I know how the system works, I saw that video years ago and many time since recently. This is why I said the situation you described doesn't happen. There is no point at which the engine is driving the wheels AND also charging the engine at the same time. Basically only time the engine is actually driving the wheels is when you have the accelerator floored. So is that when you hear the sound? Going 52mph.then you floor it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know how the system works, I saw that video years ago and many time since recently. This is why I said the situation you described doesn't happen. There is no point at which the engine is driving the wheels AND also charging the engine at the same time. Basically only time the engine is actually driving the wheels is when you have the accelerator floored. So is that when you hear the sound? Going 52mph.then you floor it?
No, this noise is not when the accelerator is floored. It is while cruising at around 50 mph. My understanding is that the lockup occurs in those exact situations, not during hard acceleration.

·
Registered
83 Posts
incorrect . Think about it. Why would it need to use the ice to power the wheels if your already up to speed and coasting. It very rarely uses the ice to power the wheels, again usually in situations where you have the pedal to the floor. The situation you described is the ice chargingng the battery.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts