2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive noticed that my 10 speed isnt very smooth. It seems like 1 in 10 shifts is noticeable, then 1 in say 25-50 is enough to unsettle the car. It seems to happen most often shifting into 3rd.

Earlier tonight i was stuck behind someone doing 29ish in a 35. The car started almost bucking and i think it was shifting into and out of a gear.

The bucking experience aside, is it normal for the 10 speed to feel "Unrefined" ? The car is covered under CPO so im wondering if i should just take it in.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
It has been mentioned in previous posts/threads regarding this issue. Sounds like due to the speed you were going the car wasn't sure what gear it wanted to be in and was shifting back and forth.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Transmissions are adaptive. It thinks you want to go and leaves the gear hanging for easier acceleration. It uses your driving habits ect to predict how your going to accelerate. VW dsg also had an adaptation process to run that could smooth it out when it got harsh. Not sure if these have the same thing built into the programming.

·
Registered
2020 Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
17 Posts
How many miles do you have on your car? 10AT’s are known for being a little rough when still new, especially if your car is under 10k miles. I had a similar issue when shifting from 3rd to 4th gear for a while. I’m at about 10,200 miles and it’s basically disappeared. Also do keep in mind that when selecting sport mode the transmission will tend to stick around the lower gears. So you might feel the harsher shifting of lower gears more often.

·
Registered
2018 Accord Sport 2.0t
126 Posts
I have a 2018 2.0t sport and my transmission is buttery smooth. I have gotten a rough shift maybe 10x in 23k miles . I bought mine new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts