2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord 2.0T
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lastnight I was driving totally normal and all of a sudden my exhaust sounded super loud like a car without an exhaust. I did recently have an rv6 dp installed as well as some other stuff. but the exhaust is factory after the dp. I thought I locked in everything tight. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord 2.0T
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Fired00d the car has been running fine for the last few weeks. i had a prl high flow intake, prl intercooler, rv6 dp, and flex fuel installed. Would you expect the problem to be caused by something with the dp since it my car sounds like it doesn't have an exhaust now? Like the turbo wouldn't have failed or anything right?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord 2.0T
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been doing some research online bc i am not a car guy. More of a computer guy but I like go do simple stuff. Surely a 2018 vehicle wouldn't have a cracked manifold right? I feel like this would be worst case scenario. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord 2.0T
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Samuelx that is where I am going to start. I am going to connect a vacuum to my exhaust and use a spray bottle with soapy water to try and find the leak. I am hoping that is what it is bc that would be the easiest to fix. I might need to buy a better front pipe. maybe the dp and stock front pipe aren't getting along well. bc since I had the dp installed, if I am idle in D, I have a 10at, there has been a slight vibration under where the dp meets the front pipe it seems.

·
Registered
952 Posts
@Samuelx that is where I am going to start. I am going to connect a vacuum to my exhaust and use a spray bottle with soapy water to try and find the leak. I am hoping that is what it is bc that would be the easiest to fix. I might need to buy a better front pipe. maybe the dp and stock front pipe aren't getting along well. bc since I had the dp installed, if I am idle in D, I have a 10at, there has been a slight vibration under where the dp meets the front pipe it seems.
Lol hook up a vacuum? Why go through all that when you already said you just had a new dp installed and two separate people told you to check the connections? Just stick your head under the car and look at the pipe. It almost def sounds like a clamp just slipped loose after installing it. Anything producing that much more sound will be visible. You may need to adjust the hangers for better fit.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
@Fired00d the car has been running fine for the last few weeks. i had a prl high flow intake, prl intercooler, rv6 dp, and flex fuel installed. Would you expect the problem to be caused by something with the dp since it my car sounds like it doesn't have an exhaust now? Like the turbo wouldn't have failed or anything right?
It has been my experience if strange/different noises appear after some mods were installed is to start looking at those mods for source of the new sound(s). Even though it's been a couple weeks since those installations the heating/cooling (expanding/contracting) of those parts it's possible something needs retorquing. If the installation of these parts were DIY you know where you need to look/check for possible source(s).

·
Registered
952 Posts
It has been my experience if strange/different noises appear after some mods were installed is to start looking at those mods for source of the new sound(s). Even though it's been a couple weeks since those installations the heating/cooling (expanding/contracting) of those parts it's possible something needs retorquing. If the installation of these parts were DIY you know where you need to look/check for possible source(s).
Same thing happened to me once after installing my catback. Couple weeks later hit a bump or something and pipe came loose at rear section before muffler, car became very loud.

·
Administrator
2,837 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.