2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed an issue on the driver side rear door of my 2018 Accord. At first glance it looked like a bug got smashed when the door was closed. Looking a bit closer it turned out to be rust. How the **** can a 2 year old car with less than 25k have rust already? The car it very well taken care. Its hand washed at least once a week. I am going to take it to the dealership this week for a noise coming from the front suspension and have them look at it then. My question is, what can be done for this spot? I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
Has anybody else seen this on their Accord's? This is just on the rear door. Here are a couple of pictures of the spot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good news is that Honda is going to fix the problem. They are going to sand it down past the rust and refinish it. I asked about getting a rental/ loaner to drive back and forth to work. Honda informed me that they do not provide a vehicle to drive while in the body shop. Absolutely ridiculous. Ford and GM provide one for their customers but Honda does not. Smh. I spoke with Honda customer service and the man I spoke with was less than helpful and had quite an attitude. I asked to speak to someone higher. He "escalated" my case and said I should hear something back by the end of next week. Here is hoping they will provide something for me to drive to and from work. At least they are going to fix it. I'm hoping it doesn't come back.

Administrator
Glad to hear Honda is taking care of this issue (as they should). Shame they don't offer/provide a loaner/rental... you would think they would as it would be good customer service. :unsure:

If you happen to have an extended warranty check it as it may provide a rental even though Honda is covering the repair.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honda did return my call and informed me that they will provide me with a rental. My car goes to the body shop on the 12th of October. The body shop said it should only take 2 days to repair it. I hope the rust doesn't return. They shop said the only other way to get rid of it is to replace the door, paint it and blend the front and rear quarter. Definitely not too keen on that idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.