2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than a proper advertising campaign for the newest Accord, Honda though they could rely on positive reviews and word of mouth praise. It would seem that they may have relied a bit too heavily on this as sales of the new model in the first 8 months are down 12.4% from the same period of last year. They seem to have thought the new model would speak for itself, but obviously the market has become far too competitive to rely on legacy alone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Two other factors in play here for low sedan sales across the board:

1. More buyers are turning to SUV's and Pickups.
2. Many millennials are skipping car payments for scooters and Uber.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't understand why Honda hasn't marketed the 10th Gen Accord more either. They did the same lack luster advertisement with the current and past generations of the Ridgeline truck, which resulted in low volume sales.

The 10th Gen Accord is a great car. For me, it started out as an ugly duckling that turned into a beautiful swan. I'm sure more advertising would have produced more sales.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm sure this is a decision that they are now regretting, and they really should have known better with todays market. Though lower sales can often lead to better incentives for customers, as dealers try to sell through large amounts of inventory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts