2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing the threads that have touched on this, I have come to the following conclusions

-Cosport has 1 that fits but is sold as part of a package with a rear that doesn't fit.
-The red OEM badge for the CIVIC TYPE R does not fit either
-We on this forum have not found a real Honda part number (yet?) for a red emblem that might fit.

I have found these two on ebay that are said to fit but I don't think they are OEM although they say "JDM".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-JDM-Red-H-Honda-Front-Grill-Emblem-For-2018-Honda-Accord-Sedan-4-Door-DX-LX/132625464899

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-1PCS-KR-RED-FRONT-136MM-X-111MM-BADGE-EMBLEM-FOR-ACCORD-FIT-CRV/172870445961

It appears from that the fitment x-ref, that the CRV has the same size emblem. If you have found one that fits please share.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The rear Civic Type R emblem fits the Accord (75701-TGH-A01). The confusion stemmed from Corsport selling the incorrect rear emblem. They’re selling a Type R rear...but it’s for the EP3 Civic, not the current one.

The Corsport front fits but the rear does not. I returned my rear emblem to them and will be credited.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The rear Civic Type R emblem fits the Accord (75701-TGH-A01). The confusion stemmed from Corsport selling the incorrect rear emblem. They’re selling a Type R rear...but it’s for the EP3 Civic, not the current one.

The Corsport front fits but the rear does not. I returned my rear emblem to them and will be credited.
I am hoping they start offering the "Front" emblem separately. I am not going to pay for the combo, since I bought the rear one already.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

One of the members here purchased that part number in the other thread and he said that it was smaller than the stock emblem. I could buy it and return if it's not the correct item. I did see from your pic that it's a high quality product from the reflections not being distorted (as shown on youtube). Hopefully we can resolve this one way or another.

·
Registered
169 Posts
One of the members here purchased that part number in the other thread and he said that it was smaller than the stock emblem. I could buy it and return if it's not the correct item. I did see from your pic that it's a high quality product from the reflections not being distorted (as shown on youtube). Hopefully we can resolve this one way or another.
Which one are you talking about...the front or the rear?

I purchased the OEM rear Civic Type R (part# 75701-TGH-A01) emblem from HondaWholesaleDirect.com and fits perfectly.
The Corsport front fits perfectly as well....they're just shipping the incorrect rear.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
As the thread title says, we are searching for the front emblem part number. We have already verified "75701-TGH-A01" for the rear as a number of us already purchased and subsequently installed.

The confusion is on what has been found so far about the front emblem as I initially posted. In addition, I should add that the status of verifying that the correct part number is 75700-TGH-A01 still pending.

In the Gentleman's Build thread (I had to re-read this a couple of times):

In response to adixyz you had said:

"<quote> @Drewsbrew , Thanks for the rear emblem part #. I can clearly see the part quality difference on the duplicate ones on ebay. I think based on some of the 2018 Honda Accord ebay description, the front emblem part no is 75700-TGH-A01, but until someone can really confirm, I am not 100% certain. For now, I will order the rear emblem. Did Corsport had a separate part for front emblem- I couldn't find one, they had a listing that includes both the front and rear and based on Abe's post, the rear one doesn't fit. I'll wait for your black grill photo with red emblem. I have decided on using red emblem in the rear and a chrome delete/black grill on the front but undecided on the color of front emblem. My car color is white like yours.</quote>"

My front red emblem is Honda OEM and the part# you posted is correct

Drewsbrew then said:

"Man this front emblem is a head scratcher for me. I have Honda Part Number 75700-TGH-A01 that I purchased from the same dealer I purchased the rear emblem. It is from the 2018 civic type R front and is way too small for the 2018 accord."

I clipped this info from a Honda catalog:

Technical Details
Part Information
Part Name: EMBLEM, FR. (H) Part Number: 75700-TGH-A01 Honda Code: 9766954 Packaging Information
Dimensions Metric: 15.2cm x 10.2cm x 1.3cm Dimensions US: 5.98in x 4.02in x 0.51in Weight Metric: 62 g

It looks pretty close but I thought I measured 5.25" X 4.25"...

·
Registered
169 Posts
As the thread title says, we are searching for the front emblem part number. We have already verified "75701-TGH-A01" for the rear as a number of us already purchased and subsequently installed.

The confusion is on what has been found so far about the front emblem as I initially posted. In addition, I should add that the status of verifying that the correct part number is 75700-TGH-A01 still pending.

In the Gentleman's Build thread (I had to re-read this a couple of times):

In response to adixyz you had said:

"<quote> @Drewsbrew , Thanks for the rear emblem part #. I can clearly see the part quality difference on the duplicate ones on ebay. I think based on some of the 2018 Honda Accord ebay description, the front emblem part no is 75700-TGH-A01, but until someone can really confirm, I am not 100% certain. For now, I will order the rear emblem. Did Corsport had a separate part for front emblem- I couldn't find one, they had a listing that includes both the front and rear and based on Abe's post, the rear one doesn't fit. I'll wait for your black grill photo with red emblem. I have decided on using red emblem in the rear and a chrome delete/black grill on the front but undecided on the color of front emblem. My car color is white like yours.</quote>"

My front red emblem is Honda OEM and the part# you posted is correct

Drewsbrew then said:

"Man this front emblem is a head scratcher for me. I have Honda Part Number 75700-TGH-A01 that I purchased from the same dealer I purchased the rear emblem. It is from the 2018 civic type R front and is way too small for the 2018 accord."

I clipped this info from a Honda catalog:

Technical Details
Part Information
Part Name: EMBLEM, FR. (H) Part Number: 75700-TGH-A01 Honda Code: 9766954 Packaging Information
Dimensions Metric: 15.2cm x 10.2cm x 1.3cm Dimensions US: 5.98in x 4.02in x 0.51in Weight Metric: 62 g

It looks pretty close but I thought I measured 5.25" X 4.25"...
So, Corsport scratches off the part# on the front emblem package (at least on mine they did). It appears to be OEM and it obviously fits perfect...it’s just difficult to confirm exactly what they’re shipping out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Newbie here, interested in putting the red emblems on my '18 Touring; must admit to still being a little confused after reading through this thread a couple of times.

It seems that part# 75701-TGH-A01 will fit the rear.

The only option for the front is to purchase front and rear emblems from Corsport and basically throw out the rear one, since it doesn't fit? If I've got this right, what's the correct part number from Corsport?

Anyone come up with a better solution for the front emblem? Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Newbie here, interested in putting the red emblems on my '18 Touring; must admit to still being a little confused after reading through this thread a couple of times.

It seems that part# 75701-TGH-A01 will fit the rear.

The only option for the front is to purchase front and rear emblems from Corsport and basically throw out the rear one, since it doesn't fit? If I've got this right, what's the correct part number from Corsport?

Anyone come up with a better solution for the front emblem? Thanks.

Corsport's front emblem is not OEM as far as I know. There are a couple of sellers on ebay that has them. I'm still on the fence here.

One forum member has this one (he says it's darker than the OEM Rear Red)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-1PCS-KR-RED-FRONT-136MM-X-111MM-BADGE-EMBLEM-FOR-ACCORD-FIT-CRV/172870445961?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here's another one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-JDM-Red-H-Honda-Front-Grill-Emblem-For-2018-Honda-Accord-Sedan-4-Door-DX-LX/132625464899?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

JDM for $25! NOT

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to this forum, but I have been searching as well. But I have found this info on
https://www.crzforum.com/forum/do-yourself-articles/65137-everything-you-need-know-about-red-h-jdm-honda-type-r-badges.html

75701-SLJ-003, W:131mm x H107mm
75700-S5T-E11,W:123mm x H100mm
75700-SNW-003,W:113mm x H:92mm
75700-SYY-003, W:108mm x H90mm
75700-SMT-E00, W:98.40mm x H:79.65mm
75701-SNW-003ZC,W:95.20mm x H:77.30mm
75700-S5T-E01, W:92mm x H:75mm
75701-S6M-Z01, W:86.13mm x H:69.73mm
75701-S1A-E11ZB, W:79.4mm x H:65mm
75701-TF0-003, W:92mm × H:75mm
75701-TGH-A01, 95mm x 85mm (This from Amazon).

I did buy the Corsport and the front fitted just right. And the back is a bit small for the space. I found a YouTube person (Boostedwhipz)showing his upgrades. He said on the back emblem the pins lineup. But the video seems to show that the emblem sitting on top of the ridge. That item is 75700-SYY-003.

Now need to take time to measure the removed emblem and the space they occupied. Then try to see which one I need.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just replaced the front and rear emblems on my 2018 Accord Touring 2.0; while researching how to do this, I couldn't find a single post anywhere with all of the information, so I thought I would share what I did.

Parts:
Front emblem from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-JDM-Red-H-Honda-Front-Grill-Emblem-For-2018-Honda-Accord-Sedan-4-Door-DX-LX/132625464899?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649.
Thanks to jsmith for pointing this out.
Part #: 75701-SLJ-003

Rear emblem from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DWP8415/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Part #: 75701-TGH-A01

Both emblems fit my Accord perfectly. The pins in the front emblem do not align with the holes in the grill, so they need to be cut off. The pins on the rear emblem do align with the holes in the trunk.

I don't have the patience for a lot of disassembly to replace these emblems, but I did make an effort - here's what I learned. As near as I could tell, you can't reach the pins on the front emblem without completely removing the front bumper. I ended up gently prying the emblem away from the grill and got a fine hacksaw blade behind it to cut the two pins. I had to add some additional 3M trim tape to the grill to ensure full contact between the emblem and the grill.

For the rear emblem, the only way to reach the pins is to remove the rear trunk panel that contains the emblem and back-up camera. I was able to free up all of that panel from inside the trunk (you need to remove the trunk lid liner - gently pry out the plastic clips - and then remove several 8 mm screws) except for an attachment point on each side between the taillight lenses - couldn't figure out whether that was a screw, clip, or something else, so I gave up before I broke it. However, I was able to see the back of the emblem - it's attached with two pins/clips which were impossible to reach without removing the panel. While gently prying up on the rear emblem to use the hacksaw blade approach I used on the front, the pins popped out. I didn't need to use extra double sided tape for the rear emblem.

Be sure to cover any surfaces you don't want to scratch with tape!

Hope that helps someone....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed the front emblem from the same vendor and my rear emblem was bought from a local Honda dealer last month - Was away for a while and didn't get a chance to share my experience. Both the part nos mentioned by RTracey are correct. The front emblem is a little darker than than the rear but it looks good against a dark background, since I did a chrome delete on my front grill. For replacing both emblems, I put painters tape near the edge of old emblem to prevent damage to paint and used a thin flat screw driver to pry, gradually increasing the strength placing the flat head near the pin. The pins broke and emblem came out. The stock emblem quality is not good.

Although the front emblem is a lot bigger than the rear one, the pins size was the same. It took me less time to pull off the front emblem than the rear one. I think, if needed, the old old emblems can still be used using new 3M tape or epoxy, although I have no intentions of going back. The new front emblem's pins that did not match with the existing holes, so i had to put a whitener on the tips and drill holes with a drill bit with almost the same size. I also used 944 Adhesive promoter on the 3M tape specially on the front emblem, since its bigger. Both emblems have survived couple of car washes so far and looks solid.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dealer confirmed today these 2019 Accord Red Type-R part numbers fit 2020 Accords, and others.

Honda Emblem (H) 75700-TGH-A01 Front Grill
Honda Emblem (H) 75701-TGH-A01 Rear

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Dealer confirmed today these 2019 Accord Red Type-R part numbers fit 2020 Accords, and others.

Honda Emblem (H) 75700-TGH-A01 Front Grill
Honda Emblem (H) 75701-TGH-A01 Rear

The links you are referring to are not the part numbers you have listed...

Your front emblem link is to P/N 75701-TVA-A00 which is the stock (non-red) emblem.
Back emblem link is to P/N 75701-TVA-A00 which again is the stock (non-red) emblem.

Now if you put in the P/N's you have listed into that same website they will say they don't fit the Accords.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not intended to be links. I was able to fix this issue. You listed the same part # for grill and deck lid. No worries.

Front 75700-TGH-A0. No the parts bot won't show as fitting the 2018-19 Accord because the grille is for the Type-R. Dealer said it will fit.

One may be really at my local dealer and the other Emblem may be really at their sister location. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Not intended to be links. I was able to fix this issue. You listed the same part # for grill and deck lid. No worries.

Front 75700-TGH-A0. No the parts bot won't show as fitting the 2018-19 Accord because the grille is for the Type-R. Dealer said it will fit.

One may be really at my local dealer and the other Emblem may be really at their sister location. Cheers!
Oops... I did use the same P/N (sloppy copy/paste & not proofreading 😢 😁)

If you're getting them and installing let us know... I think others have tried what they said were these emblems and they weren't a (perfect or didn't) fit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts