2018 Honda Accord Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 EX-L Accord driver side seat belt mechanism rattles frequently in my ear. Should I take it to the dealer or is there a quick DIY fix?

·
Registered
68 Posts
On my Sport 2.0 the buckles on both sides keep hitting the B pillar and the hard plastic on the side of the seats whenever I make a turn or go over rough roads. Doesn't sound a like a rattle but more like a "tap tap tap" and is very annoying. So I buckle the passenger seat belt, but mine there not much I can do since I am wearing the seat belt and it's the lower part hitting the lower side of the seat :( Crappy design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my Sport 2.0 the buckles on both sides keep hitting the B pillar and the hard plastic on the side of the seats whenever I make a turn or go over rough roads. Doesn't sound a like a rattle but more like a "tap tap tap" and is very annoying. So I buckle the passenger seat belt, but mine there not much I can do since I am wearing the seat belt and it's the lower part hitting the lower side of the seat :( Crappy design.
Thanks vtecharry! Agreed crappy design!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having the same issue with my 2018 accord. Wonder if is the design or when the car was assembled. is there a website so we can complain and let Honda knows about this rattle noise.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You should complain to your dealer first and see if they can contact Honda to come up with a fix. From what I can tell it should be an easy one. It just needs some foam glued on that lower plastic part next to the seat, and also on one side of the buckle on the passenger side which keeps tapping the B pillar when there is no passenger. Something like foam on one side with adhesive on the other.

I can't believe how stupid and easy this was to avoid when designing the interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts