2018 Honda Accord Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
If your CMBS ever has a activation it stores it in the control unit. Same for the lane departure. So the dealer should of been able to see all instances of it going off even if it wasn’t setting a code. As far as clipping a wire or unplugging something to deactivate it, no. You can turn everything off so that they aren’t active but anything unplugged will set DTC. Especially with the radar unit. If you trigger a misalignment code the only way to reset that is to perform a radar aim which sucks ass.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the CMBS error come up on my car 5 times since purchase in August of 2018. The first time it happened the car had about 800 miles on it. I called and went to the dealership each time. They told me that unless the error warning was still on they couldn't do anything. The last time it happened I was about half way home so I turned around and went back to the dealership with the warning still active. After 2 hours the still had no solution. Hopefully Honda comes up with a fix soon.

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
I've had the CMBS error come up on my car 5 times since purchase in August of 2018. The first time it happened the car had about 800 miles on it. I called and went to the dealership each time. They told me that unless the error warning was still on they couldn't do anything. The last time it happened I was about half way home so I turned around and went back to the dealership with the warning still active. After 2 hours the still had no solution. Hopefully Honda comes up with a fix soon.
This issue w/your car has now been documented which "should" help in Honda looking into this issue, coming up w/a fix, and protect you from any associated cost(s) that would occurre w/that fix if it is found after your original warranty ends. I would think the more cars w/this issue that take their car back to the dealers when this warning is showing should provide them w/information & knowledge to what is going on resulting in a fix.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts